Guillermo Guardia has broad experience in international mergers and acquisitions, private-equity and joint-venture transactions.
Guillermo has also advised several national and international financial institutions and corporations on acquisition finance, corporate financing and project finance transactions both in the energy and in the infrastructure sector.
- CaixaBank on the EUR€2.6 billion swap transaction relating to The Bank of East Asia (HK) and Grupo Financiero Inbursa (MX)
- Abertis Infraestructuras on the disposal of its airport division and the acquisition of telecom towers from Telefónica
- Dogus Holding on the acquisition of Hotel Villa Magna in Madrid
- The Nubiola Family on the disposal of the Nubiola Chemical Group
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Universidad de Barcelona (BA Law) 1996
- Joined Clifford Chance, Barcelona 2000
- Admitted as an abogado in Barcelona 2000
- Seconded to London 2007
- Partner since 2016
Awards and citations
- "Guillermo Guardia receives positive commentary from clients, who praise his positive attitude, direct treatment, professionalism and real knowledge of the material. He has significant expertise in handling the finance aspects of corporate transactions."
Chambers Europe 2015: Corporate/Commercial