Eduardo García is the Head of the Global Financial Markets Practice of Clifford Chance Spain.
Eduardo has a broad experience in all types of structure debt, securitization as well as general lending, real estate finance, project finance (including project bonds) and restructurings. He acts for a broad range of market participants, including banks, investment funds, multi-laterals, sponsors and corporates. He is particularly active in the Fintech area.
- Aedas Homes in connection with (i) a EUR 360,000,000 High-Yield issuance and (ii) a EUR 40,000,000 Revolving Credit Facility.
- Advising Blackstone on the acquisition of a EUR6.4 billion portfolio of loans from Catalunya Caixa and later securitisation take-outs of that portfolio
- Advising a major international bank in the financing of the acquisition of several NPLs portfolios in Spain by a particular investment fund.
- Advising a large number of domestic and international credit institutions in the financing of Spanish businesses
- Advising investment funds in direct lending transaction to Spanish companies
- Advising Codere on the restructuring of its balance sheet
- Advising a financial investor on the restructuring of Eurona
- Advising a number of financial investors on the restructuring of the balance sheet of Abengoa
- Advising the Lead Arrangers on the X-Elio PV portfolio project bond
- Advising the Lead Managers on the Vela solar portfolio project bond, refinancing 36 solar parks in Spain, purchased by five key institutional investors. European Solar Deal of the Year - IJ Global Awards 2016
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Law Degree, University of Comillas (ICADE), Madrid 1997
- Admitted as an abogado in Madrid 1998
- Joined Clifford Chance 1998
- Partner since 2011
- Member of the Madrid Bar Association