Carlos Portocarrero de las Heras specialises in joint ventures, bidding process, sale of portfolios and acquisitions of real estate companies.
Carlos represents institutional investors, funds, financial institutions and a variety of other international real estate investors.
- Coordinated review of 200,000 assets from SAREB, the largest real estate due diligence ever.
- Advising on design, structuring and execution of the EUR€4.4 billion sale and lease back of 2,000 properties of Banco Santander in Spain (real estate deal of the year in Europe and the largest real estate transaction ever in Spain)
- Advising on the "Foster Tower" deal
- Advising BBVA on sale and leaseback and transactions such as the acquisition of shopping centres (Maquinista, Diagonal Mar and Parquesur)
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Law) 1987
- ESCP (Paris/Madrid), MBA International Business 1990
- Regular publisher in financial and legal press such as Expansión and Cinco Días
- Partner at Clifford Chance since 2002
Awards and citations
- "Carlos Portocarrero is known for his excellent corporate real estate work. Commended for being client-oriented and personable, interviewees describe him as "splendid, a very reliable lawyer with fantastic technical skills and very good manners." He recently advised Bankia on the prospective sale and leaseback of a EUR400 million portfolio of real estate assets."
Chambers Europe: Spain, Real Estate (Band 1)