Miloš Felgr is head of the finance practice in Prague. He specialises in banking and finance law, pre-insolvency restructuring, capital markets, aircraft and energy law, with a particular focus on project and acquisition finance.
Miloš is recognised as a leading banking & finance lawyer in the Czech Republic and renowned for his work on cross-border transactions originating in Prague.
- Komerční banka, a.s. (a subsidiary of Société Générale), Československá obchodní banka, a. s. (a subsidiary of KBC) and Česká spořitelna, a.s. (a subsidiary of Erste Bank) on the CZK 11 billion (approx. EUR€400 million) refinancing and development facility provided to PointPark Properties (P3) and relating to the EUR€523 million acquisition of eleven logistics parks in the Czech Republic from VGP/Tristan Capital Partner
- Union Investment Real Estate GmbH on the EUR€400 million financing for the acquisition of Palladium Shopping and Office Centre in Prague's central business district. This is the most significant real estate acquisition ever completed in the Czech Republic and the largest single-asset deal recorded in Central Europe
- UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, a.s. and Československá obchodní banka, a. s. in connection with the club financing of AGEL a.s., the largest healthcare provider in Central Europe.
- Czech oil and gas group MND in connection with the EUR€250 million refinancing and a working capital facilities provided by Komerční banka, a.s. and the Prague branch of HSBC Bank plc.
- Česká spořitelna, a.s. in connection with the refinancing of the existing indebtedness of Petainer Group with its subsidiaries in the United Kingdom
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Charles University, Prague (Mgr.) 2003
- Admitted as an advocate in the Czech Republic 2006
- Joined Clifford Chance 2002
- Counsel since 2014
- Partner since 2016
- Working group of the Czech Banking Association
Awards and citations
- Leading lawyer Miloš Felgr primarily advises on high-value financing matters, usually representing lenders. He leads a number of the firm's most significant mandates, and clients laud his "brilliant legal knowledge and negotiation skills, excellent leadership, extraordinary flexibility and commitment."
Chambers Global 2019
- Miloš Felgr stands out for his first-rate expertise in domestic and cross-border finance transactions, with a strong focus on acquisition, real estate and project finance. He latterly advised SAZKA Group on the financing of its successful consortium bid of EUR770 million in a tender process for the acquisition of an Italian lottery concessionnaire. Sources note that he "drives the deals and is strongly business and goal-oriented."
Chambers Global 2018
- Partner Miloš Felgr is involved in major domestic and cross-border financing and has a strong reputation in the bank lending market. “Miloš Felgr garners praise for his responsiveness, proactivity and flexibility.”
Chambers Global 2017
- Sources appreciate Miloš Felgr for his "speed and efficiency, and for finding solutions" in complex financing cases. He is highly experienced in advising banks and financial institutions on acquisition finance and general corporate lending.
Chambers Global 2016
- Miloš Felgr moves up in this year's rankings following extensive praise of his work, such as: "He finds win-win solutions to ensure that everyone in a deal is happy." Others add: "He provides innovative solutions from new laws."
Chambers Europe 2016