Yong Bai specializes in antitrust and competition issues and has more than 10 years of experience advising Chinese and multinational corporations on business investment, regulatory matters and investigations across a range of industries.
Yong has worked in the London and Brussels offices, and prior to joining the firm, he worked for the PRC's Ministry of Commerce.
- Pfizer on its USD 160 billion merger with Allergan. The transaction was the world's largest ever merger in terms of value to date.
- GE on its USD 32 billion merger of its oil and gas business with Baker Hughes International.
- The Coca-Cola Company on its restructuring of its bottling business in China through a series of inter-related transactions with its partners, Swire Beverages Holdings Limited and COFCO Coca-Cola Beverages limited
- COFCO Corporation on its acquisition of Noble Agri and Nidera – coordinating antitrust and foreign investment filings in 15 jurisdictions in total, including China, the EU and the US
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Shanghai International Studies University (LLB) 2003
- Obtained PRC legal professional qualification certificate (non-practising) 2006
- Tsinghua University (LLM) 2007
- Columbia University (LLM) 2010
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2011
- Partner since 2018
- New York Bar Association
Awards and citations
- Band 3: Competition/Antitrust (International Firms) - China
Chambers Asia Pacific 2019 – 2020
- Up and Coming
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2016 - 2018
- Associate to Watch
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2012 - 2015
- Competition – Rising Star
China Law and Practice 2014