Patrick Jackson's principal expertise is in capital markets, banking and corporate transactions, and certain US regulatory matters involving large Brazilian banks and industrial companies. He also serves as Regional Pro Bono Partner in São Paulo and on the committees for several of the Firm's corporate responsibility initiatives.
- Clifford Chance recognized as Latin Lawyer International Elite 2024 firm
Clifford Chance has been recognized by legal industry publication Latin Lawyer as one of eight International Elite 2024 firms.
29 August 2023
- Acted for the underwriters (Bank of America Merrill Lynch, BTG Pactual and Goldman Sachs) in the US$864 million IPO by Brazilian healthcare services provider Hapvida
- Advised Klabin, the largest paper producer in Brazil, on its issuance of US$500 million green bonds
- Advising Samarco Mineração in connection with financial consequences from an environmental incident suffered in late 2015 and potential restructuring of its approximately US$4 billion in outstanding export prepayment loans and notes
- Advised on the global FCPA risk assessment for a major Brazilian construction conglomerate implicated in Lava Jato corruption investigations, consisting of reviews and analysis of operations in over 29 countries
- Advised the underwriters in connection with the BRL1.73 billion follow-on equity offering for BR Malls
- Advised Banco do Brasil S.A. on all debt issuances since 2009, including issuances of perpetual non-cumulative junior subordinated notes and senior notes and denominated in various currencies including CHF, Yen and U.S. dollars
- Advised the placement agents in connection with the US$421 million IPO of Alupar Investimentos
- Advised BB Seguridade on its US$5.7 billion IPO, the largest in Latin America since 2009
- Advised the bookrunners on Banco do Brasil’s recent US$1 billion issuance of 4.625% notes due 2025.
View all news and client work featuring Patrick Jackson
Career and qualifications
Harvard University (A.B.) 1998
- Georgetown University Law Center (JD) 2005
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2007
- Partner since May 2022
Awards and citations
- Rising Star
Legal 500 Latin America 2022: Capital Markets – International Firms