Lounia Czupper specialises in banking, finance and debt capital markets transactions. Lounia advises both borrowers and lenders on all types of finance transactions, including syndicated loans, leveraged and acquisition finance, real estate finance and restructurings.
Lounia also advises issuers and managers on debt capital markets transactions, including Eurobond issues, EMTN and CP programmes and various types of structured debt transactions.
As part of her regulatory practice, Lounia advises credit institutions, investment funds and various other entities on regulatory matters and product development.
- Advised Econocom on its €200 million convertible bond issue.
- Advised Eandis on its €200 million retail bond issue
- Advised Chequers Capital on the financing of its acquisition of the Sport and Leisure Group (SLG), a producer and distributor of artificial grass.
Clifford Chance advises BNP Paribas on acquisition of ABN AMRO's Luxembourg Wealth Management business
20 February 2018
Rate Expectations: Transitioning away from LIBOR - practical guidance for corporate treasurers
1 May 2019
The EU Securitisation Regulation – do I need to worry?
23 January 2019
The EU Securitisation Regulation – entering a brave new world
9 January 2019
The European Commission's proposal for a new prudential regime for investment firms
5 January 2018
Entry into force of the law of 2013 on security over moveable assets
11 December 2017
Career and qualifications
- London School of Economics (LLB) 1995
- Admitted as an avocat in Brussels 1996
- Joined Clifford Chance 1998
- Partner since 2005
- AEDBF (Association Européenne pour le Droit Bancaire et Financier)
- ABF (Avocats en Droit Boursier et Financier)
Awards and citations
- "The firm has without any doubt the best finance team in Belgium."
IFLR 1000 2019 – Belgium
- "Brilliant and clever."
Chambers Europe 2015, Banking & Finance
- "An excellent technical lawyer and one of the key individuals for finance transactions."
Chambers Europe 2014, Banking & Finance