Nadia Kalic specialises in M&A and Projects in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
She has worked on domestic and cross-border transactions across Europe, MENA, APAC and Australia.
Nadia previously worked in Dubai and is a member of Clifford Chance’s Worldwide Projects Group. She is also a member of the Global ESG Board and Global Responsible Business Board.
- Formosa I – the first commercial scale offshore wind farm project in Taiwan. Renewable Deal of the Year and Offshore Wind Deal of the Year (IJ Global Awards 2019)
- an infrastructure fund in relation to its participation in a joint venture for a clean hydrogen project in Australia
- Partners Group in relation to the acquisition and subsequent development and operation of the Murra Warra II wind farm in Victoria. Australian Green Deal of the Year, PFI Awards 2020, Asia-Pacific Renewables Deal of the Year, Infrastructure Investor Awards 2020.
- Nord/LB on the financing of a 13MW PV solar plant and 5.4mw lithium battery fringe-of-grid project (with ARENA grant funding) in Queensland, Australia Asia Pacific Solar Deal of the Year 2016, IJ Global Asia Pacific Awards
- Partners Group on the establishment of its AU$700 million Grassroots Renewable Energy Platform and subsequent acquisitions of wind farm assets
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Queensland University of Technology (LLB) 2002
- Admitted as a solicitor in Queensland, Australia 2003
- Allen & Overy, Dubai 2006
- Admitted as a solicitor New South Wales, Australia 2010
- Allen & Overy, Sydney 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance Sydney 2015
- Partner since 2019
- Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, Executive Finance Programme, 2021
- Admitted as a solicitor in the High Court of Australia 2022
- Member of the Australian Institute to Company Directors
- Board and Committee Member of Energy Resources Law
- Committee Member of the APAC Energy Council
- Committee Member of the Clifford Chance Worldwide Projects Group and Committee Member of the Clifford Chance Global ESG Board.
Awards and citations
- Leading Individual
Australia Project Finance 2022 - Legal 500
- Rising Star Partner
IFLR 2021: Energy
- Finalist for 2020 Partner of the Year Awards – Lawyers Weekly, Australia
- Finalist for 2020 Corporate Partner of the Year Awards – Lawyers Weekly, Australia
- Finalist for 2020 Women in Law Awards – Lawyers Weekly, Australia
- Finalist for 2019 Women in Law Awards – Lawyers Weekly, Australia