Nadia Kalic is in our corporate group in Sydney specialising in energy and infrastructure transactions.
Nadia has extensive experience in project development and M&A, with a focus on complex commercial arrangements underpinning major projects. She has experience advising on projects in Australia, Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, across a range of sectors including oil and gas, power, transport (road, rail and port infrastructure), and water.
Nadia previously worked in Dubai and is a member of Clifford Chance’s Worldwide Projects Group. She is also Co-Head of the Global Oil & Gas Group and a member of the Global ESG Board and Global Responsible Business Board.
- Lenders to a Morrison & Co led consortium on it’s A$2.8 billion investment in Telstra's InfraCo Towers business.
- Partners Group in relation to the acquisition and subsequent development and operation of the Murra Warra II wind farm in Victoria. Australian Green Deal of the Year, PFI Awards 2020, Asia-Pacific Renewables Deal of the Year, Infrastructure Investor Awards 2020.
- Lenders to GIP on its US$2.5 billion investment in Shell-operated Australian LNG facility.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Queensland University of Technology (LLB) 2002
- Admitted as a solicitor in Queensland, Australia 2003
- Allen & Overy, Dubai 2006
- Admitted as a solicitor New South Wales, Australia 2010
- Allen & Overy, Sydney 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance Sydney 2015
- Partner since 2019
- Saïd Business School, University of Oxford, Executive Finance Programme, 2021
- Member of the Australian Institute to Company Directors
- Board and Committee Member of Energy Resources Law
- Committee Member of the APAC Energy Council
- Committee Member of the Clifford Chance Worldwide Projects Group, co-head of the Clifford Chance Global Oil & Gas Group and Committee Member of the Clifford Chance Global ESG Board.
Awards and citations
- Rising Star Partner
IFLR 2021: Energy
- Finalist for 2020 Partner of the Year Awards – Lawyers Weekly, Australia
- Finalist for 2020 Corporate Partner of the Year Awards – Lawyers Weekly, Australia
- Finalist for 2020 Women in Law Awards – Lawyers Weekly, Australia
- Finalist for 2019 Women in Law Awards – Lawyers Weekly, Australia