Richard Parris specialises in project finance, energy and infrastructure, including involvement in a number of high-profile petrochemical and infrastructure projects in Saudi Arabia and other parts of the Middle East.
Richard's projects include advising on regional petrochemicals, metals, wastewater treatment and power projects as well as cross-border gas projects in Asia.
Career and qualifications
- University of Canterbury, New Zealand (LLB (First Class) and BA (Political Science)) 1996
- Chapman Tripp, NZ 1997-1998
- Admitted as a barrister and solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand 1997
- Clifford Chance (Singapore, London and Dubai) 1998 to 2011
- Admitted as a solicitor of England & Wales 2008
- Partner since 2008
- Clifford Chance Doha 2011-2017
Awards and citations
- Richard Parris is based in Abu Dhabi and is regularly sought after for his Qatari expertise. He assists with a wide range of project finance mandates in both oil and gas and infrastructure.
Chambers Global 2019: Projects & Energy - Qatar
- Richard Parris is based in Doha and is commended for his in-depth knowledge of the region. Observers say he is "brilliant" and that "he always finds the best and most practical solutions."
Chambers Global 2016: Middle East Wide, Projects & Energy
- Richard Parris manages the Doha office and is noted for his project finance expertise. "He brings knowledge of the region and the way in which legal transactions are managed," and "he's good at negotiating and finding solutions," according to clients.
Chambers Global 2016: Qatar, Corporate/Commercial
Chambers Global 2016: Qatar, Projects & Energy
- Project finance specialist, Richard Parris is another name to note.
Legal 500 2016
- "Richard is a top-notch lawyer. He has made significant contributions to our business with his profound knowledge in his profession, along with his hardworking personality. He has always been supportive of our colleagues and business partners, even when his own workload has been overwhelming."
IFLR1000 2016: Financial and Corporate