Richard Parris specialises in project finance, energy and infrastructure, including involvement in a number of high-profile petrochemical and infrastructure projects in Saudi Arabia and other parts of the Middle East.
Richard's projects include advising on regional petrochemicals, metals, wastewater treatment and power projects as well as cross-border gas projects in Asia.
Clifford Chance advise on the Al Dur IWPP Refinancing
23 December 2018
Clifford Chance advises Sponsors on 250MW Gulf of Suez Wind Project in Egypt
1 November 2017
Clifford Chance advises EBRD on key Egypt solar projects
31 October 2017
Clifford Chance advises financiers on key Egypt solar projects
30 October 2017
Clifford Chance and AS&H advise leading African company on greenfield Saudi investment in the food manufacturing sector
15 March 2017
Renewable Incentives Guide: Towards a Subsidy-Free World? 6th Edition
28 November 2018
Draft Private Sector Participation Law published for public consultation
16 July 2018
Egypt solar Feed-in Tariff Round 2
25 February 2018
Key comparisons of the new Iran Petroleum Contract and Buy-back
1 January 2017
Dubai's New PPP Law
14 January 2016
Career and qualifications
- University of Canterbury, New Zealand (LLB (First Class) and BA (Political Science)) 1996
- Chapman Tripp, NZ 1997-1998
- Admitted as a barrister and solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand 1997
- Clifford Chance (Singapore, London and Dubai) 1998 to 2011
- Admitted as a solicitor of England & Wales 2008
- Partner since 2008
- Clifford Chance Doha 2011-2017
Awards and citations
- Richard Parris is based in Doha and is commended for his in-depth knowledge of the region. Observers say he is "brilliant" and that "he always finds the best and most practical solutions."
Chambers Global 2016: Middle East Wide, Projects & Energy
- Richard Parris manages the Doha office and is noted for his project finance expertise. "He brings knowledge of the region and the way in which legal transactions are managed," and "he's good at negotiating and finding solutions," according to clients.
Chambers Global 2016: Qatar, Corporate/Commercial
Chambers Global 2016: Qatar, Projects & Energy
- Project finance specialist, Richard Parris is another name to note.
Legal 500 2016
- "Richard is a top-notch lawyer. He has made significant contributions to our business with his profound knowledge in his profession, along with his hardworking personality. He has always been supportive of our colleagues and business partners, even when his own workload has been overwhelming."
IFLR1000 2016: Financial and Corporate