Jason Mendens advises international clients on a range of corporate transactions including public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, energy and resources projects, capital raisings and structured finance transactions.
- Sumisho Coal Australia on coal export terminal investment
Project Finance Deal of the Year - ALB Australasian Awards
Infrastructure Deal of the Year - PFI Awards
- FLY Leasing’s purchase of 49 aircraft
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Sydney (BEc) 1994, (LLB (Hons)) 1996
- Admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales 1997
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2002
- Partner, Chang, Pistilli & Simmons 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2011
- Head of Corporate, Qatar 2013-2017
- Member of Law Society of New South Wales
- Member of Law Society of England & Wales
Awards and citations
- He is "legally excellent, commercially astute, and in tune with clients' needs and requirements".
- He is "incredibly responsive, commercially astute, and has a deep understanding of commercial deals".