Jason Mendens advises international clients on a range of corporate transactions including public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, energy and resources projects, capital raisings and structured finance transactions.
Jason is the Africa Practice Leader for Infrastructure.
- Sumisho Coal Australia on coal export terminal investment
Project Finance Deal of the Year - ALB Australasian Awards
Infrastructure Deal of the Year - PFI Awards
- FLY Leasing’s purchase of 49 aircraft
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Sydney (BEc) 1994, (LLB (Hons)) 1996
- Admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales 1997
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2002
- Partner, Chang, Pistilli & Simmons 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2011
- Head of Corporate, Qatar 2013-2017
- Member of Law Society of New South Wales
- Member of Law Society of England & Wales
Awards and citations
- He is "legally excellent, commercially astute, and in tune with clients' needs and requirements".
- He is "incredibly responsive, commercially astute, and has a deep understanding of commercial deals".