Jack Hardman specialises in technology and financial services, having significant experience in our London and Dubai teams, focusing the majority of his work on M&A for financial institutions and technology companies.
Jack also leads the financial services regulatory and fintech practices for Clifford Chance in the Middle East, having advised local and international financial services and technology companies, as well as regional regulators, for several years, including on UAE, DIFC and ADGM regulations.
Jack has acted on many of the leading regional transactions in the financial and technology sector in recent years. He has also been involved in the establishment of prominent fintech platforms and operations. His broad practice spans M&A, restructuring, regulatory, licensing tech contracting, data and general advisory work across the FIG/tech sectors.
Jack is the Africa Practice Leader for Tech.
Talking Tech is our market-leading global tech news site keeps you up to date with the latest developments in tech law.
News and client work
- Talking Tech: Innovating in sukuk capital markets
23 January 2020
- Clifford Chance, Dubai
- Email me
- Practice area Financial regulation, M&A corporate
- Sector Banks, Funds & investment management, Insurance
Career and qualifications
- Durham University (LLB) 2007
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2011
- Partner since May 2022
Awards and citations
- Jack Hardman leads the firm's top ranked FinTech group in the Middle East. He is a financial services and technology specialist having significant experience in London and UAE on a broad range of transactional and advisory matters. Jack also achieved a Band 1 individual ranking for FinTech Legal in the UAE Chambers Fintech Guide 2023, where he is noted to be "operating at the top of the market", while having "an amazing attitude when conducting business". Ranked Band 1
Chambers, FinTech Legal - United Arab Emirates
- Rising Star
‘Reliable legal expertise and knowledge combined with commercial and practical knowledge.’
‘Demonstrate excellent knowledge and expertise on regulatory issues, proactive in finding commercial and legal solutions rather than providing mere legal advice.’
‘Highly recommend Jack Hardman.’