Young Kim has extensive experience advising financial institutions on corporate matters and banking regulation, with a particular focus on fintech offerings, deposits, payment services and digital assets, including tokenized instruments and digital currencies. His practical experience includes advising on retail, private wealth and commercial bank offerings and extends to ensuring compliance with US banking laws, including from the Federal Reserve Board, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and New York State Department of Financial Services.
- Lead counsel for consumer, wealth management and corporate deposits offerings at large US banks; manage advocacy projects and engagement with regulators (FRB, FDIC, CFPB) and support key fintech partnerships.
- Bank regulatory coverage for U.S. bank holding company and depository institution; foreign banking organization.
- Advise retail and commercial bank on payments technologies and rails, money transmitter/MSB regulations, pass-through FDIC insurance and sponsored FBO structures, fintech / payments partnerships.
- Structuring and regulatory support for digital assets offerings, including the issuance and trading of tokenized assets as well as digital currencies.
View all news and client work featuring Young Kim
Career and qualifications
University of California, Berkeley 2006
- Columbia Law School (JD) 2011
- Admitted as Attorney-at-Law in New York 2012
- Joined Clifford Chance as Counsel 2022