Yaru Chia advises on licensing and regulatory requirements in the conduct of financial services business as well as drafting and negotiating of derivatives documentation.
She is also an adjunct research fellow at the NUS Law Centre for Banking & Finance Law, and has presented in conferences as well as written on financial regulatory issues (in both local and international legal journals).
- Advising financial institutions in their banking and product documentation, and various regulatory conduct of business requirements, including product characterisations as well as outsourcing and personal data protection requirements
- Licensing applications and other regulatory exemptions for financial institutions, including FinTech startups in their establishment of electronic investment trading platforms
- Advising banks, financial institutions and corporates on regulatory issues relating to derivatives and structured finance, including derivatives reporting and netting issues
- Advising financial institutions and major corporates on their ISDA documentation in relation to aviation financing, project financing, and general hedging transactions
- Advising banks and financial institutions in relation to establishment of structured note programmes and securitisation transactions
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Singapore
- +65 6410 2223
- Email me
- Speaks English & Mandarin
- Practice area Derivatives, Global Financial Markets