Dewi Walian has extensive experience in debt capital markets and has an excellent reputation for her ability to provide tailor-made advice in high yield, convertible, investment grade and regulatory driven debt offerings and restructurings. Dewi has been involved in many international top-tier capital markets transactions and innovative structures over the years.
Career and qualifications
The University of Hong Kong 2009
- University of Amsterdam 2010
- Admitted as an advocaat in The Netherlands 2011
- Joined NautaDutilh 2011
- Seconded to Rabobank 2013
- Seconded to NautaDutilh London office 2015-2017
- Grotius Academy Nijmegen post-doc (Securities Laws) 2017
- Seconded to ABN AMRO 2020
- Joined Clifford Chance 2021
Dutch Bar Association (Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten)
Awards and citations
- "Another name to note at the firm is counsel Dewi Walian, who joined from NautaDutilh in July 2021, and is knowledgeable about high-yield, convertible, investment grade and regulatory driven debt offerings and restructurings (including schemes of arrangement)."
Legal 500 2022
- Dewi Walian stands out with her "excellent performance"
Legal 500 2021
- "Our contact Dewi Walian makes life for us very easy because we know that we don’t miss any points. We can rely on her and that makes her very important to us."
Legal 500 2021
- "Standout" Dewi is praised for taking on whatever challenge a transaction might bring and for keeping current on international practices and able to spot issues that might not be strictly a Dutch legal issue.
Legal 500 2020