Alexis Foucard has extensive experience in international commercial arbitration, investment arbitration, and litigation. Alexis also lectures in international dispute resolution, and he frequently speaks or writes on related issues.
Prior to joining Clifford Chance, Alexis practiced at a large American firm devoted solely to business litigation. Alexis also worked for other international law firms in Paris and the United Nations’ Office of Legal Affairs in New York. His experience encompasses a range of dispute types and business sectors, including energy, construction, aircrafts, telecommunications, white-collar, and joint-ventures.
Alexis is the Africa Practice Leader for Mining.
News and client work
- Alexis is a co-author of the report on "Arbitrator's Liability" published by the Club des Juristes
- Clifford Chance, Paris
- +33 1 4405 5221
- Email me
- Speaks French and English
- Practice area Litigation, dispute resolution & risk management
Career and qualifications
- Sciences Po - University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne (Master in Global Business Law - Magistère in Business Law) 2009
- Admitted as an attorney-and-counselor-at-law in New York State 2013
- Admitted as an avocat in Paris 2013
- Joined Clifford Chance 2018
- Member of the Bars in Paris and New York
- Member of the Club des Juristes Commission on The Arbitrator’s Liability
- Co-Chair of the Club des Juristes Working Group on Cybersecurity in International Arbitration (forthcoming)