Eduardo Hernández specialises in litigation and arbitration. He regularly represents clients in conflicts in the construction sector and disputes related to real estate, energy, sports and tech sector litigation.
Eduardo is member of the Construction Group of the firm and he has more than 10 years of experience acting in all types of judicial and arbitration proceedings before both national and international courts.
- Representing a Danish global leader in the manufacture, sale and installation of windmills, in several proceedings related to wind turbine supply and maintenance, and in proceedings concerning the company’s participation in public bids for various wind farm construction projects in Latin America
- Representing an international construction company in an ICC arbitration against a fund regarding a breach of a Memorandum of Understanding signed between the parties, which governed their participation as shareholders in a project for the construction and commissioning of an underwater natural gas storage facility on the east coast of Spain, with capacity to hold 1.3 million cubic meters of gas. The dispute amounts to 1 billion EUR. The arbitration is being held in Spanish.
- Advising a leading Spanish engineering company in arbitration proceedings before the ICC brought against another major Spanish engineering company in relation to construction works performed in a fertiliser plant in Porsgrunn (Norway).
- Representing a Spanish football club in ICC arbitration proceedings filled by a British company regarding a breach of a sponsorship agreement entered into by the parties.
- Representing a bar association in a dispute against a multinational tech company in relation to a technical consultancy agreement in respect of the former’s computer systems.
- Providing legal advice to an insurance company on the comments on the draft agreement governing the implementation of a digital transformation at the company, as well as on the subsequent negotiation of that draft agreement with the tech company that was to carry out the digital transformation.
News and client work
- "La intermediación efectiva en los contratos de mediación o corretaje en el mundo deportivo, Comentario al Laudo de 12 de junio de 2020 (Arbitraje CCI nº 23369/JPA)", 2020 Práctica Contenciosa para abogados, La Ley-Wolters Kluwer, Co-author: José Antonio Caínzos
- "Daños de evitación/mitigación: su cobertura en las pólizas de responsabilidad civil, Comentario de la Sentencia del Juzgado de Primera Instancia núm. 4 de Bilbao de 27 de julio de 2015", 2018 Práctica Contenciosa para abogados, La Ley-Wolters Kluwer, Co-author: José Antonio Caínzos
- "La responsabilidad de los administradores sociales por la venta de una compañía cotizada, Comentario a la Sentencia del Tribunal Supremo de 4 de febrero de 2015", 2016 Práctica Contenciosa para abogados, La Ley-Wolters Kluwer, Co-author: José Antonio Caínzos
Career and qualifications
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas (Degree in Ecclesiastical Studies) 2007
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Diploma in European Studies) 2009
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Law) 2010
- Admitted as lawyer (abogado) in Spain 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance 2010
- Memeber of the Madrid Bar Association
- Professor at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM) and Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles (IEB) where he is a professor at "Máster de Acceso a la Abogacía"
- He has also been a lecturer and a panellist in different forums and universities
Awards and citations
- "Eduardo Hernández: is a tireless worker with a very deep knowledge of matters and the arbitration system and tribunals. He always makes the right and timely decisions and the strategy he develops is always beneficial in the long run".
Legal 500 2021: Dispute Resolution.