Angel Fu has significant Australian and international experience advising on complex transactional, behavioural and contentious competition law matters and investigations, across a wide range of industries, with a focus on the healthcare, media / technology, consumer goods and energy sectors. Angel's practice focuses particularly on advising clients in respect of antitrust issues and obtaining regulatory approvals for large and contentious transactions. She has also acted on infrastructure access and regulatory matters, including regulatory investigations and cartel matters.
- Viva Energy on its A$1.15 billion acquisition of OTR Group
- WeBuild on the restructure and acquisition of Clough
- Oracle Corporation regarding its billion-dollar acquisitions of Aconex Limited's cloud-based enterprise solutions business and Cerner Corporation's healthcare enterprise software business
- Bain Capital on competition law risk and obtaining merger clearance for the time-critical acquisition of Ansett Aviation Training
- Bunnings Group Limited on its acquisitions of Adelaide Tools (Phase 2) and Beaumont Tiles (Phase 1)
- Sinochem and ChemChina on antitrust aspects of their strategic merger.
- A tech company on the Australian aspects of its acquisition of film-making assets
- Glencore in relation to proceedings against the Port of Newcastle in the Supreme Court and High Court of Australia
View all news and client work featuring Angel Fu
Career and qualifications
Joined Clifford Chance (summer clerk) 2015
- University of New South Wales 2016
- Admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales 2017
Awards and citations
- Winner of the International Institute of Communications Future Leaders' Competition 2019