Evert Verwey is Counsel in the Amsterdam Litigation practice and part of the Restructuring and Insolvency team of Clifford Chance Amsterdam. He specializes in insolvency-related matters, contentious restructuring and work-out scenarios. He is active in general banking and finance litigation with a focus on security rights, directors’ liability and lender liability issues. Evert advises banks, financial institutions, and larger companies (and their (supervisory) directors). He also litigates for this group of clients in these areas of law.
Evert used to be a court appointed bankruptcy receiver and has several positions in industry bodies (such as INSOL Europe).
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Erasmus University of Rotterdam (Law) 2007
- Admitted as an advocaat to the Dutch Bar 2008
- Grotius/Insolad Specialisatieopleiding Insolventierecht (Post-graduate education for Dutch insolvency specialists) 2014
- Joined Clifford Chance 2015
- Board Member of INSOLAD (Association of Dutch Insolvency Specialists)
- Member of the Council of INSOL Europe
- Board Member of Praktizijns Sociëteit
Awards and citations
- Ranked as "Rising Star"
Legal500 EMEA 2023 Restructuring & Insolvency