Pablo Cancelo specialises in Project Finance, mostly in the renewable energy sector. He acts for sponsors, commercial banks and international financial investors in connection with their investments in renewable assets in Spain and LatAm.
He advises on procurement & construction transactions, as well as financing and acquisition deals.
- A Joint Venture on the HyDeal green hydrogen hub in Northern Spain.
- TPG Global on the acquisition of approximately 1 GW of solar PV projects from the Chinese group Trina Solar in Colombia, Chile, Mexico and Spain and the launching of "Matrix Renewables".
- Actis on the negotiation of the project contracts for the procurement and construction of Mexico's biggest windfarm (400MWs) and PV Plants (337MWs).
- A syndicate of banks, in a EUR 180 million sustainable facility (linked to the reduction of the borrower's CO2 emissions).
- Cubico Sustainable Investments on the acquisition of I Squared Capital's controlling equity stake in Grupo T-Solar.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- ESCP Business School, Paris (Master in Management M1, Business Administration and Management, General) 2013
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Double Masters in Law and Business Administration, Economics and Law) 2015
- UWC (Mahindra College) Scholar
- Admitted as an abogado in Spain 2015
- Joined Clifford Chance 2015