Ana Latorre is a member of the Madrid Bar Association. Joined Clifford Chance 2008 and has worked in Madrid and Brussels.
Ana is focused on EU and Spanish competition law matters. She has been involved in numerous infringement and merger control proceedings in a broad range of sectors, including aviation, audiovisual and telecoms.
- easyJet PLC on the merger clearance aspects of its acquisition of parts of Air Berlin's airline operations at Berlin Tegel airport, cleared by the EC a Phase I investigation.
- Oracle before the Supreme Court in the highest profile abuse of dominance case pending in Spain. The Supreme Court annulled the Appellate Court's judgement, which had condemned Oracle. The Court also ordered the case to be reopened by the Spanish Competition Authority.
- Telefónica before the European Commission and the CNMC on its acquisition of Digital Plus. This high-profile merger was cleared in second phase with conditions in April 2015.
- Antena 3 before the European Commission and the CNC on its merger with La Sexta. This was the first and only merger approved by the Council of Ministers in the third phase of the proceedings under the 2007 Competition Law Act.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Universidad CEU-Cardenal Herrera (LLB) 2005
- University of Southampton (LLM) 2006
- Joined Clifford Chance 2008
- Kings College London (Postgraduate Diploma in EC Competition Law) 2009
- Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid