Maria Virginia Feliz Ball is a member of our International Arbitration Group. Her work focuses on complex disputes arising from M&A transactions and cross-border business deals in various sectors. Maria Virginia also represents clients in investor-state disputes.
She is admitted to practice law in New York and in the Dominican Republic, and is registered as a Foreign Lawyer at the Frankfurt Bar.
- Advising a leading French industrial conglomerate in high-profile post-M&A arbitration proceedings against a leading player in the Swiss energy sector (SCAI [now Swiss Arbitration Centre])
- Advising a multinational building materials company in a post-M&A dispute in international commercial arbitration proceedings in Germany (DIS)
- Advising a CEE State in relation to an investment dispute concerning a fracking license under the Energy Charter Treaty and two bilateral investment treaties
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra, Santo Domingo (Law, cum laude) 2008
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra, Santo Domingo (LL.M. in Corporate Business Law) 2012
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, (Dual-LL.M. in Banking, Corporate and Finance Law and International Dispute Resolution, with a third specialisation in Corporate Compliance, cum laude) 2016
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Master of Law and Business (MLB) 2018
- Joined Clifford Chance 2018
- Admitted to the Frankfurt Bar as an Attorney and Counselor at Law (USA) 2021