Daryl Liu is a Partner in the Singapore office and a member of the APAC Private Funds Group.
He is a Singapore-qualified lawyer with more than 15 years of specialist experience and advises clients on primary fundraisings, fund secondaries and restructurings, fund investments, co-investments and advisory mandates across private equity, real estate, infrastructure, private credit and other investment strategies. Daryl is a member of the Regulatory & Tax Committee of ANREV. He has been ranked by Legal 500 since 2017 and Chambers and Partners since 2018.
- ESR on the successful first closing of ESR Japan Income Fund, a $750m open-ended fund investing in core logistics assets in Japan.
- Pierfront Capital and Keppel Capital on the formation of a US$600 million (target) Keppel Pierfront Private Credit Fund.
- Berkeley Energy on the formation of its EUR250m (target) Africa Renewable Energy Fund II.
- Columbia Pacific Management on the formation of US$250 million fund and co-investment structure investing in healthcare assets in China.
- FUDO on the formation of the US$400 million (target) Fudo Capital IV, a pan-Asia value-add real estate fund.
- Prologis on its restructuring of China Venture Funds and rollover of assets to its new US$1.7 billion China core open-ended fund.
- CBRE Global Investors on the formation of the first US$1 billion (target) open-ended core fund investing in China.
- CapitaLand on the formation of a US$1 billion (target) pan-Asia open-ended real estate fund.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Toronto, Canada (JD, Student Exchange Program) 2006
- National University of Singapore (LLB) 2007
- Admitted as an advocate and solicitor in Singapore 2008
- Joined Clifford Chance 2015
- Counsel since 2017
- Partner since 2020
- Member of the Regulatory & Tax Committee of ANREV
- Member of the Singapore Legal Opinions Committee
Awards and citations
- “Daryl Liu is a lawyer in Singapore who frequently advises on the formation of private equity funds as well as open-ended structures in real estate and infrastructure. A client notes: ‘Daryl is really on the ball and is clearly looking ahead to anticipate legal and commercial considerations, and he then walks us through his recommended solutions.’”
Chambers Asia Pacific 2023 – Investment Funds: International – Singapore
- A client states that “Daryl has great rapport with clients and is well known in the market for his well considered approach on issues arising on matters.”
Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023 – Investment Funds: Foreign Firms