Richard Crosby is in the London Financial Institutions Group, specialising in strategic M&A, equity capital markets, complex corporate restructurings and corporate advisory work for banks and other financial institutions.
Richard is qualified in both England and Hong Kong and worked in Hong Kong between 2006 and 2012.
- HSBC on its consideration of whether to redomicile out of the UK
- HSBC on numerous M&A deals including the US$9.4 billion disposal of its stake in Ping An Insurance, its US$600 million acquisition of Bank Ekonomic in Indonesia, the US$6.3 billion proposed acquisition of Korea Exchange Bank and various non-core business disposals including in Panama, Thailand, India, Japan, Brunei, Iraq, Jordan, Luxembourg and Malaysia
- Lloyds Bank plc on its £37 billion capital reduction in connection with its ring-fencing implementation
- ICBC Standard Bank on its acquisition of the precious metals vaulting business of Barclays
- HSBC on over US$7 billion of share buy-backs and its US$18 billion rights issue
- AXA SA on the A$13.3 billion acquisition by AMP Limited of AXA Asia Pacific Holdings Limited (AXA APH) and the subsequent A$9.4 billion acquisition by AXA SA of the Asian businesses of AXA APH from AMP
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Bristol University (LLB) 1994
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales 1997
- Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright 2006
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 2007
- Joined Clifford Chance 2019
- Partner since October 2019