Matt Taylor advises on a wide range of commercial real estate transactions and specialises in corporate real estate matters, including real estate joint ventures and acquisitions and disposals through corporate vehicles. Matt also advises on large-scale occupier transactions and has significant experience of restructurings, management arrangements for real estate investments and other investment work. Matt is Head of UK PropTech and is also part of the core leadership team of the global Tech Group, with particular interest in smart contracts, blockchain, artificial intelligence, data protection and cybersecurity.
Matt has an international client base covering all parts of the real estate sector including major private equity firms, banks and financial institutions, real estate funds, listed and private property companies, sovereign wealth funds, family offices and corporate occupiers.
- Advising Morgan Stanley Real Estate Investing on the sale of a stake in the Metropolis Shopping centre in Moscow and the resulting multi-tiered joint venture arrangements which has been cited as the largest-ever transaction in the Russian commercial real estate market
- A partnership of major institutional investors on the disposal of a major portfolio of prime international real estate assets. The portfolio includes Grade A assets in in key locations across Europe.
- Angelo Gordon and Hondo Enterprises on the acquisition of the freehold and leasehold ownership interests at Brixton Market
- Matt is a team leader for the South West London Law Centres. This is an independent registered charity that provides free legal advice for individuals and communities free legal advice in relation to money and debt management; employment rights and obligations; housing issues; and immigration and asylum matters
Clifford Chance advises KIRKBI and the Consortium consisting of KIRKBI, Blackstone and CPPIB on £4.77 billion take private of Merlin Entertainments plc
28 June 2019
Clifford Chance advises CK Asset Holdings on the £1 billion acquisition of 5 Broadgate, London
15 June 2018
Clifford Chance advises Hammerson on Croydon joint venture with Westfield
17 January 2013
Clifford Chance advises Menolly Group on the sale of 107 Cheapside for £124.4 million
28 March 2012
Clifford Chance advises Eurohypo on innovative structure for debt workout of Bevis Marks scheme
23 November 2011
Merger Controls - Reminder for Real Estate Joint Ventures
8 February 2011
Career and qualifications
- Emmanuel College, Cambridge (BA, Law) 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance 2005
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2007
- Partner since 2017
- Associate Member of the British Property Federation Regulatory Committee