Carlos Conceicao is a contentious regulatory partner with particular expertise in cases of market abuse and other market misconduct.
Carlos was formerly head of the Financial Services Authority's (FSA) Wholesale Group in Enforcement and is recognised as a leading expert in the contentious financial services regulatory field.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Manchester (LLB) 1985
- University of Leicester (MSc Criminal Justice Studies) 1995
- Called to the bar in England & Wales 1987
- Head of the Financial Services Authority's (FSA) Wholesale Group in Enforcement 2006
- Joined Clifford Chance 2007
- Partner since 2007
Awards and citations
- "On the receiving end of fulsome praise is the 'impressive' Carlos Conceicao, whose time at the FSA has proved of great benefit to clients."
Chambers UK 2013
- "Carlos Conceicao joins the upper echelons of contentious practitioners this year. Sources are full of praise for this ‘brilliant’ lawyer, who combines the insights of a former FSA employee with a sharp, commercial legal mind.”
Chambers UK 2012