Adrian Cartwright is the firm's Senior Partner and chairs its Partnership Council, providing oversight of, and working closely with, the Executive Leadership Group.
He specialises in equity capital markets including issues of shares and global depositary receipts in the international markets.
Adrian leads the firm's European Equity Capital Markets group.
- The underwriters on the IPO and London premium listing of Biffa, the UK waste disposal business
- Clydesdale Bank on its IPO on the LSE and ASX and simultaneous demerger from National Australia Bank
- The underwriters on the IPO and London premium listing of Ascential plc, an events and media business
- BofA Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan Cazenove, Morgan Stanley and Numis Securities on the IPO of Auto Trader Group plc
- Deutsche Bank, BofA Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs and Barclays on the IPO and London listing of Exova, a leading provider of laboratory-based testing and related advisory services
- BofA Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, KKR Capital Markets and Nomura on the IPO and London listing of Pets at Home Group plc, the UK pet and pet accessories retailer the underwriters on the IPO of Glencore Internationalthe underwriters on the US$250 million IPO of Russian oil and gas explorer and producer RusPetro and premium listing on the London Stock Exchange
- The underwriters on the IPO of Glencore International, the commodities trader. The IPO is the largest ever in UK history and the largest in Europe of a non-state owned entity
- Polymetal on its move from the Moscow Stock Exchange to a Premium listing on the London Stock Exchange
- AZ Electronic Materials on its IPO and London listing (premium)
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Richard Taunton College, Southampton 1982
- Buckell University, Pennsylvania, USA 1984
- London School of Economics (LLB, LLM) 1985
- Trainee Solicitor, Linklaters 1990
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1992
- Solicitor, Global Securities Group, Linklaters 1992
- Joined Clifford Chance 1999
- Partner since 2002
- Global Head of Capital Markets 2014-2022
- Senior Partner since 2022