Anne Lemercier specialises in advising companies on employee share plans, incentive arrangements and remuneration issues. She has particular expertise in international share plans for large companies and corporate governance issues. She also advises on management packages and employee investment in private equity transactions.
Anne has been partner at Clifford Chance, leading the employee benefits practice in Paris, since 2014. She was member of the Commission Epargnants at the French market authority (AMF) for 6 years.
- CAC 40 companies on the operation of their employee share plans in over 40 countries (with leverage effect)
- Non listed companies on their international employee share plans through a French FCPE
- Private Equity fund in relation to management packages and collective employee share plans
- Global banks on the CRD IV/V on their remuneration arrangements
- Private Equity fund on the AIFM on their remuneration arrangements
- Listed companies on corporate governance matters : remuneration, composition of the board (appointment of the employees and employee shareholders representatives), ESG matters
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Paris II Assas (Law) 1998
- University of Poitiers (DJCE and DESS en Droit des Affaires et Fiscalité) 1999
- Admitted as an avocat à la cour in Paris 2001
- Freshfields 2001
- Joined Clifford Chance 2007
- Partner since 2014
- Member of the Retail Investors Commission at the AMF
- Member of the jury of a prize rewarding every year the best French company regarding its employee shareholding policy ("Grand Prix de l'Actionnariat Salarié").
- Teacher in different French Business law Masters (DJCE - Poitiers, DJCE - Montpellier and DJCE - Aix En Provence)
Awards and citations
- "Clifford Chance acts for corporates, financial institutions and funds, with experience spanning IPO and share capital increases as well as employee share and stock option schemes. US-law expert Alex Bafi is a key practitioner alongside Aline Cardin and Anne Lemercier. In a major highlight, the group acted for Société Générale on the IPO of its subsidiary ALD, acting for both Société Générale as shareholder and ALD as issuer. Other highlights include advising Altrafin on a share sale by accelerated bookbuilding involving institutional investors; handling the IPO and listing of Inventiva on the regulated market of Euronext Paris for Société Générale and KBC; and assisting Technip with employee share plans following its merger with FMC. BNP Paribas Fortis, Credit Suisse, Vallourec and Apax are also clients."
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Capital Markets: Equity, 2018
- "Clifford Chance provides ‘a very high level of expertise and efficiency’. The 13-lawyer team is especially strong in the M&A and property fields. It assisted Airbus with the creation of the Airbus Safran Launchers joint venture. The practice is also active in taxation relating to the banking and financial services sector, and also handles litigation. Large corporations and investment funds are clients. Practice head Eric Davoudet has ‘very good technical skills’ and ‘a great strategic vision’. Alexandre Lagarrigue and Anne Lemercier are also recommended".
Legal 500 EMEA, France, Section Tax, 2016