Ildefonso Alier specialises in advising investment managers on the establishment and offering of private funds, together with the legal, regulatory and commercial issues relevant to the funds' operation.
Ildefonso also represents a number of institutional investors in connection with proposed private fund commitments.
In addition, he has particular experience advising on private fund transactions, including secondary transactions, fund restructurings, co-investments and manager formation and spin-outs.
Ildefonso works on fund-related matters across all alternative asset classes, including private equity, private credit, venture capital, real estate and infrastructure.
His recent experience includes advising:
- Global funds on the structuring of private equity funds and other investment vehicles.
News and client work
- Clifford Chance, Madrid
- +34 915904196
- Email me
- Follow me on LinkedIn
- Speaks Spanish and English
- Sector Funds & investment management
Career and qualifications
- Centro Universitario Villanueva (Universidad Complutense de Madrid), Law Degree (Finance) 2003
- Lawyer, Bufete Alier 2003
- Admitted as an Abogado in Madrid 2004
- Lawyer, De Andrés y Artiñano 2006
- Partner, King & Wood Mallesons (former SJ Berwin) 2019
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2022
- Member of the Madrid Bar Association
Awards and citations
- He is ranked in Band 2 in the Investment Funds: Fund Formation category in Spain
- Clients praise Ildefonso Alier 's deft handling of fund-raising processes, particularly highlighting that "he has a pragmatic and commercial vision as well as technical excellence." He has extensive experience in the structuring and set-up of domestic as well as cross-border investment funds