Anthony Oldfield's practice focuses on international capital markets transactions involving both debt and equity issues and structured finance products, and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, including takeovers, joint ventures and venture capital transactions.
Anthony has practiced in the firm's London and Singapore offices.
Clifford Chance advises TAM S.A. on its combination with LAN Airlines
26 June 2012
Clifford Chance advises on eight Latin American debt deals in four weeks
9 February 2012
Global M&A Toolkit
Greening the Financial System
8 November 2017
The Role of Law in Economic Development in Brazil
23 March 2016
Brazil announces major infrastructure concession package worth R$198.4 billion (US$66 billion)
1 July 2015
Brazil: Essential tips for successful trading
31 January 2014
Clifford Chance Publication: Resource Nationalism II: Expropriation – Any rights or remedies?
1 May 2012
Career and qualifications
- University of Essex (LLB Hons)
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales
- Clifford Chance, London and Singapore 1987-1993
- New York since 1993
- Partner since 1997
Awards and citations
- Anthony Oldfield has been ranked in Chambers Latin America - Capital Markets (Latin America-wide). Clients report that Anthony Oldfield is "very creative and has the ability to lead large matters involving high volumes of work and competing parties." He is managing partner of the São Paulo office and principally handles capital markets deals in Brazil.
Chambers Latin America 2017 - Capital Markets
- Anthony Oldfield has been ranked in Chambers Latin America - Corporate/M&A (Latin America-wide). With over 25 years' experience handling cross-border M&A deals, Anthony Oldfield is considered among market observers to be a well-recognised and respected practitioner. He focuses primarily on transactions involving Brazil, and advised Banco Bradesco in the aforementioned work highlight.
Chambers Latin America 2017 - Corporate/M&A
- Anthony Oldfield has been ranked in Chambers Latin America - Capital Markets: International (Brazil). Managing partner of the São Paulo office, Anthony Oldfield advises clients on a range of public offerings. Sources speak of his "authoritative" contributions and go on to endorse him for the way he "facilitates deals by smoothing all the aspects of a transaction".
Chambers Latin America 2017 - Capital Markets: International
- Anthony Oldfield has been ranked as Band 1 in Chambers Latin America - Corporate/M&A: International (Brazil). Based in São Paulo, Anthony Oldfield is well regarded by market sources for his strong track record advising on high-value, multi-jurisdictional transactions. One interviewee notes: "He is ultra-experienced and knows a great deal about complex operations. His familiarity with the markets in Brazil, England and the USA makes him an excellent choice for cross-border work."
Chambers Latin America 2017- Corporate/M&A: International