Niek De Pauw specialises in domestic and international M&A transactions, general corporate law and equity capital markets.
Niek has extensive experience in public and private acquisitions and disposals, restructurings, joint ventures, private equity transactions, IPOs, public offerings and private placements.
- Advised Gfi Informatique on its public takeover bid on Realdolmen.
- Advised Royal Sporting Club Anderlecht and its shareholders on the sale of the club to Belgian entrepreneur Marc Coucke.
- Advised Materialise on its US$50 million secondary offering and on the entry into its share capital of chemistry giant BASF.
Clifford Chance advises Swisslog Healthcare on investment in Pharmony
19 September 2019
Clifford Chance Brussels advises RSCA and its shareholders on the sale of the Anderlecht football club to Alychlo
29 December 2017
Clifford Chance conseille Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas et d'autres banques dans le cadre de l'augmentation de capital et l'émission d'obligations par le groupe Solvay d'un montant total de 6,8 milliards de dollars pour financer l'acquisition de Cytec
11 January 2016
Clifford Chance advises on AB InBev's acquisition of SABMiller
11 November 2015
Career and qualifications
- University of Ghent (licentiaat rechten) 2002
- New York University School of Law (LL.M.) 2003
- Admitted as an advocaat in Belgium 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance 2003
- Partner since 2016
- Member of the Brussels Bar
Awards and citations
- "Excellent support. Constructive and out-of-the-box thinking."
IFLR1000 2017, M&A
- "He has good technical skills, and is calm, composed and pleasant to work with."
Chambers Global 2018, Corporate / M&A
- "He has a very strong technical legal background coupled with great client skills."
Legal 500 2010, Corporate / M&A