Niek De Pauw specialises in domestic and international M&A transactions, general corporate law and equity capital markets.
Niek has extensive experience in public and private acquisitions and disposals, restructurings, joint ventures, private equity transactions, IPOs, public offerings and private placements.
- Advised Antin Infrastructure and its portfolio company Eurofiber on its joint venture agreement with Proximus for the roll-out of a fiber network in the Walloon Region, Belgium.
- Advised Agrolimen on the acquisition of Continental Foods, a leading European food company, from CVC.
- Advised Straco, a Belgian-based investment group, on its acquisition of Greenyard's horticulture division.
- Advised the underwriters on Inclusio’s Euronext Brussels IPO.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Ghent (licentiaat rechten) 2002
- New York University School of Law (LL.M.) 2003
- Admitted as an advocaat in Belgium 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance 2003
- Partner since 2016
- Member of the Brussels Bar
Awards and citations
- He is highlighted by an interviewee for his "no-nonsense and client-oriented" approach, in addition to his "technical knowledge."
Chambers Europe, Belgium, Corporate M&A, 2020
- "Excellent support. Constructive and out-of-the-box thinking."
IFLR1000 2017, M&A
- "He has good technical skills, and is calm, composed and pleasant to work with."
Chambers Global 2018, Corporate / M&A
- "He has a very strong technical legal background coupled with great client skills."
Legal 500 2010, Corporate / M&A