Stuart Ure specialises in structured finance and conventional and Islamic debt capital markets across the GCC (including Saudi Arabia) and Turkey.
Clifford Chance and AS&H advises on STC's international debt capital markets issuance
27 May 2019
Clifford Chance advises on the first ever green sukuk in the GCC
16 May 2019
Clifford Chance advising on US$114 billion bank merger between Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank and Union National Bank
3 February 2019
Clifford Chance advises Emirates REIT on debut US$400m Sukuk
18 December 2017
Clifford Chance advises the Sultanate of Oman on its largest sukuk issuance
5 June 2017
Sovereign sukuk in Africa: A developing landscape
12 December 2017
PD3 – At a glance
30 November 2015
Perspectives on the new UAE Commercial Companies Law – what do you need to know?
4 May 2015
Introduction to Sukuk
29 April 2013
Career and qualifications
- Keble College, Oxford University (Double First, MA (Hons)) 1997
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2002
- Joined Clifford Chance London 2002
- Secondment to The Royal Bank of Scotland 2005
- Clifford Chance Abu Dhabi since 2008
- Clifford Chance Dubai since 2011
- Partner since 2012
Awards and citations
- Stuart Ure advises major clients on bond and sukuk issuances across the region, with a particular emphasis on matters originating in Saudi Arabia. Interviewees regard him as "a great capital markets lawyer."
Chambers Global 2016: Capital Markets – UAE
- Stuart Ure is very highly rated by peers and clients for his prolific debt capital markets practice. He heads the debt capital markets and structured products team from Dubai, and has considerable sukuk experience in Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
Chambers Global 2016: Capital Markets – Middle East
- Robin Abraham heads the team, which includes Abu Dhabi based Mohamed Hamra-Krouha and newly promoted partner and asset finance specialist Antony Single.
Legal 500 2015: Banking & Finance – UAE
- "Sukuk (Islamic bond) work dominated the firm’s recent debt highlights. One example was Stuart Ure’s advice to Advanced Petrochemical Company on its debut SAR1 billino issue”
IFLR 1000 2015: Capital Markets – UAE
- Clifford Chance LLP continues to lead on both debt and equity work in the market. Stuart Ure led a team advising the Saudi Arabian General Authority of Civil Aviation on a $4.1bn sukuk and Khalid Al-Abdulkareem led advice to Bank AlJazira on its capitalisation issuance.
Legal 500 2015: Capital Markets - Saudi Arabia