Sabra Ferhat specialises in all aspects of EU and UK competition law, including control of mergers and joint ventures, cartels and abuse of market power, market investigations, State aid and public procurement.
Sabra has worked across a wide range of industry sectors, including consumer goods, insurance, aviation and telecommunications, media and technologies. Before joining Clifford Chance, Sabra worked as in-house competition counsel at Sky and prior to that in private practice in Brussels.
- Advising Coca Cola on its acquisition of Costa Coffee
- KIRKBI and the Consortium consisting of KIRKBI, Blackstone and CPPIB on £4.77 billion take private of Merlin Entertainments plc
- Tele2 on the merger of its Dutch operation Tele2 Netherlands with T-Mobile Netherlands, the Dutch subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom
- Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group on its merger with Marsh & McLennan Companies
- Tyson Foods on its acquisition of Thai and European Operations from BRF S.A.
- A consortium of Japanese companies, Marubeni Corporation and Mizuho Leasing Company, Limited, in their acquisition of the shares of aviation finance company Aircastle Limited
- The Official Receiver and Special Managers of British Steel on the sale of the business and assets to Jingye Steel and Iron
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Strasbourg (Master in European Law) 2010
- Humboldt Universität zu Berlin (LLM) 2011
- Admitted as a solicitor in France 2013
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2016
- Joined Clifford Chance 2018