China, Brazil, India and the new challengers in Africa, Latin America and South East Asia are reshaping the global economy.
With 35 offices in 25 countries and some 3,400 legal advisors across the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Clifford Chance is helping clients to identify challenges and opportunities and the issues and trends that will have a significant impact on their businesses.
China's one belt, one road: challenges and opportunities
China's one belt one road (OBOR) initiative unveiled by President Xi Jinping in 2013 aims to restore the country's old land and sea trade routes and to boost economic connectivity between Asia, Europe and Africa. It covers 65 countries and six economic corridors accounting for two thirds of the world's population and one third of the world's GDP. Here Clifford Chance experts look at the opportunities it offers and some of the challenges for investors. Read more here.
The role of law in economic development in BRIC countries
Clifford Chance is supporting a research project led by the Centre for Business Research at Cambridge University which examines the role of legal institutions in economic development in Brazil, Russia, India and China. We have produced a number of reports looking at different aspects of the project.
- The role of law in economic development in Brazil
- The role of law in economic development in China and Russia
- The rising powers: What role does law play in the economic development of the BRIC countries
Our China: market liberalisation Topic Guide on the Financial Markets Toolkit provides in-depth commentary on the latest trends and development in this area and allows easy access to briefing notes and other resources that will enable you to track the evolution and opening up of Chinese markets.
Boosting power generation in Nigeria - the Azura-Edo independent power project
This is Nigeria's first fully privately financed IPP - the first of a new wave of project-financed greenfield IPPs currently being developed in the country. Read more here
Read our guides to sucessful investment and trading with growth economies
- Indonesia: Essential tips for successful investment
- Malaysia: Essential tips for successful investment
- The Philippines: Essential tips for successful investment
- Singapore: Essential tips for successful investment
- Thailand: Essential tips for successful investment
- UAE: Essential tips for successful investment
- Vietnam: Essential tips for successful investment
Here is our latest thinking on growth economies
- Indian Supreme Court upholds parties' choice to refer disputes to appellate arbitration
- India: A new Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016
- Tax clampdown on multinationals in Africa
- African telecoms newsletter October 2016
- Mexico's Second Auction: PPA Features and Bankability Considerations
- Vietnam: Foreign investment
- New Argentine Public-Private Partnership Regime Expected Soon: Another Step In The Right Direction
- New Regulation of Arbitration in the Russian Federation
- Argentina Renewable Energy Program – RenovAr
- Recent changes to the Turkish Energy Market Legislation (in Turkish)
- Indian Supreme Court reduces uncertainty associated with pre-2012 arbitration agreements
- Indonesia's New Negative List - A noticeable step forward
- Reading the Tea Leaves: Expansion and Interpretations of PRC Anti-Corruption Legislation
- Turkey - Project Bonds Rise Again
- China releases Five-Year Plan for financial reform
- First Power Auction under Mexico's New Power Regime: Cautious Optimism for International Investors
- Asia Pacific anti corruption rankings
- Bank M&A in Egypt - key regulatory considerations
- Thailand: ASEAN Comprehensive Investment Agreement
- Vietnam's adoption and implementation of the Cape Town Treaty