We have been an active participant in the Israeli market for many years. We help Israeli clients access international markets, and international clients access Israel. Our Israel team comprises Clifford Chance lawyers from around the globe with extensive experience and understanding of working in Israel.
We have offices in every major financial centre in the world. We help Israeli clients and projects access funding and capital markets across the globe. Our M&A teams assist on inbound and outbound acquisitions and our market-leading international litigation arbitration and investigation specialists provide critical guidance and advice when it is most needed.
Recognising Israel's strength in innovation and technology, our Israel team members are also active participants in our global Tech group. This international group of over 400 specialists advise on tech-focused or tech-rich investments, transactions and disputes. Our Israeli group advises clients on tech-rich projects across multiple sectors and industries including fintech, life sciences, communications, media, technology, transport and infrastructure, consumer goods and proptech.
Neither Clifford Chance nor the lawyers in our Israel Team are authorised to practice Israeli law. We have very good relationships with all of Israel's leading law firms and work closely with them to ensure that our clients have access to the best possible local law advice. We also work with Israeli related organisations think tanks and policy bodies on developing legal best practice, including the State of Israel's Ministry of Finance.
Our recent client experience includes advising:
- Altana on its acquisition of a US$400 million minority share in Israel’s Landa Digital Printing and on its subsequent US$300 million investment in this company
- Permira on the acquisition of NDS from Cisco
- An anchor investor on its investments in Israel focused venture capital funds Vertex and Red Dot Capital
- Gameplay.com on its acquisition of Israeli technology company Pixel Broadband Studios from Take Two Interactive Software
- Tal on the licensing of proprietary cotton fibre technologies by Argaman
- Orbotech on an unfair competition claim in China
- The underwriters on the proposed IPO of a Chinese cryptocurrency miner, designer and developer with significant Israel operations
- Syge Medical, working with marketing and distribution partner, Teva Ltd, on market access of Medicinal Products and Medical Devices concerning medicinal cannabis in Germany
- Israel Electric Corporation Ltd, providing legal advice in relation to the Gas Sale & Purchase Agreement (GSPA) with the partners in the Tamar field, currently Israel's only offshore field producing natural gas
- New fund establishment for Viola Group, Israel's largest and leading tech fund