Michael Bonsignore is a member of Clifford Chance's Corporate M&A and Energy & Projects groups focusing on the renewable energy and clean energy technology sectors. He represents public and private companies, private equity and infrastructure funds, sponsors, developers, and investors in connection with their transactional activities, including M&A, dispositions, joint ventures, project financings, and reorganizations. Michael also provides counsel on a variety of corporate matters, including corporate structuring, governance, distressed M&A, and special situations.
Prior to joining Clifford Chance, Michael was a director (corporate development and M&A) for two public U.S. renewable energy companies and their sponsor. In this role, Michael led international and domestic acquisition efforts for the companies.
- An offshore wind service provider on strategic considerations relating to entering the U.S. market
- NextEnergy Capital on the acquisition of 99% of the Class B membership interests in Recurrent Energy’s 102 MWp NC 102 solar project
- H.I.G. Bayside Capital, the special situations affiliate of H.I.G. Capital, with respect to the sale of its portfolio company, DiscoverReady, a global leader in eDiscovery, document review, risk management and legal consulting services
- Sammons Renewable Energy on the acquisition of the 238 MW Rio Bravo wind project from Longroad Energy Holdings, LLC
- Sammons Renewable Energy on the acquisition of a 194 MW portfolio of solar power plants from Heelstone Energy
- Sammons Renewable Energy on the acquisition of the 163 MW Midway Wind project from Apex Clean Energy
- Medical Enterprises Distribution, LLC and its shareholders on the sale of its surgical impactor technology business and related assets to Depuy Synthes Products, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson affiliate
- An energy generation company in the sale of eleven hydroelectric power stations located in the eastern U.S.
- American Zinc Recycling LLC on the cross-border sale of its subsidiary, Zochem Inc., to a strategic purchaser, Zinc Oxide LLC
News and client work
- The Greenification Model: Leveraging the economic opportunity in retired fossil power plants, Pratt's Energy Law Report, June 2021
Career and qualifications
- Boston College (BA Political Science) 2005
- Georgetown University Law Center (JD) 2009
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in Maryland 2009
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in the District of Columbia 2010
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2020