Madalyn Miller is a Partner in the Banking & Finance practice of Clifford Chance in New York.
Madalyn's asset finance experience involves representing underwriters, lenders, and lessors in a variety of asset finance transactions, including portfolio securitizations, acquisition financing, and secured lending.
- Nordic Aviation Capital on the issuance of $786.3 million fixed rate unsecured notes. This transaction was the largest private placement by an aircraft lessor at the time of closing; Airfinance Journal Awards 2019: Lessor Unsecured Bond Deal of the Year
- Fortress Transportation and Infrastructure Investors LLC on a sale and leaseback transaction with Airfrance in respect of sixteen Airbus aircraft
- Sculptor Asset Management on Lunar Aircraft 2020-1 Limited transaction, whereby the issuer issued US$409 million of notes backed by eighteen aircraft
- KKR, in connection with the acquisition of the equity in a portfolio of aircraft and engines on lease to a diverse portfolio of lessees and subject to certain existing financing arrangements
- BBAM, as seller and servicer, and Horizon Aircraft Finance in connection with the issuance of the US$612 million Horizon Aircraft Finance asset backed securitization, backed by 29 aircraft on lease to 21 lessees based in 19 countries
- An investment banking firm and a syndicate of lenders in connection with a US$500 million warehouse facility for Wings Capital
- Wings Capital Partners and WAVE on the closing of an issuance of US$480 million of fixed rate secured notes by WAVE 2017-1 LLC and WAVE 2017-1 Limited. The proceeds from the issuance of the Notes were used by WAVE to acquire a portfolio of 19 Airbus and Boeing jet aircraft; AirFinance Journal Awards 2018: Overall Capital Markets Deal of the Year
- An investment banking firm and a syndicate of lenders in connection with a US$300 million warehouse facility for Castlelake LP
- Several investment banking firms as joint lead arrangers in connection with the debut issuance by Harbour Aircraft Investments Limited of US$325 million debut asset-backed loans. The related aircraft are serviced by Aergen Aviation Finance Limited
- KDAC Aviation Finance (Cayman) Limited, KDAC Aviation Finance (USA) LLC and DVB Bank SE, London Branch on an issuance of US$722.5 million of fixed rate secured notes. The proceeds from the issuance of the Notes were used by KDAC to acquire a portfolio of 36 Airbus and Boeing jet aircraft
- BBAM in connection with a US$390 million secured warehouse facility, with Incline B IrishCo Three Limited as borrower and BNP Paribas and First Gulf Bank PJSC as joint lead arrangers
- BOC Aviation in connection with their US$500 million asset backed securitization, backed by 24 aircraft acquired from BOC Aviation by Shenton Aircraft Investment I Ltd. and affiliates; Airfinance Journal Awards 2016: Capital Markets-ABS Deal of the Year
- DVB Bank and certain of its affiliates as Seller and as Servicer in connection with the issuance by AIM Aviation Finance Limited and AIM Aviation Finance USA LLC of US$667 million of senior secured notes which are secured by 20 aircraft; Airfinance Journal Awards 2016: Europe Deal of the Year
- A financial services institution and an investment banking firm as underwriters in the issuance by NAS, the Norwegian low cost carrier, of US$177.19 million 2.372% Secured Notes Due 2027 and US$118.9 million 2.415% Secured Notes Due 2027
- A financial services institution and Investment Bank as Initial Senior Credit Facility Provider in connection with the issuance by Turbine Engines Securitization Ltd. and Turbine USA, LLC of US$305 million of senior secured notes which are secured by 32 aircraft engines acquired from certain affiliates of General Electric Capital Corporation; Global Transport Finance 2014: Aircraft Engine Deal of the Year
News and client work
- ABS East Conference: Investing in Transportation Assets: Shipping/Container and Aviation
Speaker, September 23, 2019
- Ishka: The Aviation Investival: To What Extent is the Aviation ABS Structure a Market in Itself?
October 16, 2018, New York
- IMN's 24th Annual ABS East Conference: Cleared for Takeoff: Aircraft Finance
Moderator, September 24, 2018, Miami
- Applicability of U.S. Risk Retention Rules to Structured Aircraft Portfolio Transactions
Career and qualifications
- Oakland University (B.A. in Political Science) 2008
- Columbia Law School (Juris Doctor) 2011
- Joined Clifford Chance 2011
- Admitted as an attorney in New York 2012
- Partner since 2019
Awards and citations
- "Madalyn Miller works with clients on a host of transactions, including acquisition financings. Sources highlight her as "a very skilled attorney" who "understands the documents extremely well and does a terrific job of guiding us through the issues that we need to focus on"."
Chambers USA 2020 – Transportation: Aviation: Finance – USA – Nationwide
- Madalyn Miller has been recognized by Chambers USA as an "Associate to Watch" for Transportation: Aviation: Finance. She attracts praise from sources, who describe her as "a real star." She handles a range of acquisition financings and securitizations for banks and lessors.
Chambers USA 2019 - Transportation: Aviation: Finance (Nationwide)
- Madalyn has been named by Airfinance Journal as one of just eight Rising Stars globally for 2016