Larry P. Medvinsky's practice encompasses a broad range of corporate transactions including real estate securities, financing of corporate investments and mergers and acquisitions. Larry's work has included the representation of both issuers and underwriters on dozens of public and private offerings of securities, raising about US$4 billion in the past few years.
In the United States, Larry has represented companies in initial public offerings, follow-on equity and debt transactions and private placements for various industries including biotechnology, internet, telecommunications and real estate, and has represented most of the major investment banking firms, including Salomon Smith Barney, Credit Suisse First Boston, Merrill Lynch and Lehman Brothers.
Larry has done extensive work in connection with REITS and privately held funds formed for the purpose of investing in real estate. This work has included the formation and structuring of such entities, and the initial financing and investment in such entities. Mr. Medvinsky has also advised on the structuring, acquisition and financing of investments made by such entities.
In the merger and acquisition area generally, Larry's experience has also included sales, purchases and mergers of public and private companies. In addition, he has extensive experience in structuring, negotiating and financing joint ventures and partnerships.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Florida (BS, Accounting) 1990
- New York University School of Law (J.D.) 1993
- Joined Clifford Chance 1993
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 1994
- Partner since 2002
Awards and citations
- Larry Medvinsky has been ranked in Chambers USA: REITs. He is valued for his expert advice in debt and equity offerings. Sources highlight him as being "very well-versed in REITs capital markets," as well as being "an excellent M&A attorney."
Chambers USA 2019 - REITs (Nationwide)
- Larry Medvinsky has been ranked as Band 2 in Chambers USA – REITs (Nationwide). Sources describe Larry Medvinsky as a "creative thinker" who is "great from an execution standpoint" and "an excellent negotiator." He guides REITs through formation, structuring and initial financing.
Chambers USA 2017 – REITs