Jennifer DeMarco's practice focuses on financial restructuring and bankruptcy.
She primarily represents financial institutions in US and international debt restructurings and financial transactions including in connection with debtor-in-possession financings. Complementary to her corporate restructuring experience, she is also an experienced bankruptcy court litigator, having appeared in bankruptcy courts throughout the US.
- Administrative Agent for a group of secured lenders in connection with the chapter 11 cases of Waypoint Leasing Holdings Ltd. and affiliates.
- Representation of a group of financial institution in connection with their hedging exposure claims in the chapter 11 cases of Seadrill Ltd. and its affiliates.
- Representation of a multinational lender group in the restructuring of the Norte III power project in Mexico associated with the bankruptcy of Abengoa.
- Representation of the Ad Hoc Committee of Bondholders in connection with the global restructuring of the obligations of Abengoa S.A., including its Brazil subsidiaries.
- Representation of Supercanal, an Argentine cable, television and internet provider, in connection with recognition in the US of its Argentine restructuring through a chapter 15 proceeding.
- Representation of the drill rig lessors and secured lenders in the chapter 11 cases of Prospector Offshore and Paragon Offshore and affiliated entities.
- Representation of an affiliate of The Royal Bank of Scotland in connection with the restructuring of certain aircraft leases in the chapter 11 proceedings of the CHC Group.
- Representation of a number of aircraft lessors in connection with Air Berlin's the chapter 15 proceeding.
- Representation of the administrative agent for the lenders in connection with the restructuring of and enforcement of rights under a credit facility to Airosaru Drilling LLC, the owner of an ultra- deep water drillship formerly under charter to Petrobras.
- Representation of Ocwen Financial Corporation in connection with the successful bid and purchase of the mortgage servicing business of Residential Funding Corp. and affiliates in their chapter 11 cases (ResCap and GMAC).
News and client work
- The High Yield Restructuring Landscape – A European Perspective
Career and qualifications
- Lafayette College (B.A) 1986
- Fordham University (J.D) 1989
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 1990
- Admitted to U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York 1991
- Admitted to U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit 2001
- Admitted to U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit 2002
- Admitted to U.S. Supreme Court 2004
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2006
Awards and citations
- Jennifer Demarco has a prolific record in Latin American restructurings
Legal 500 Latin America 2019, Banking and Finance – International Firms
- Jennifer DeMarco is listed in Who’s Who in American Law, Who’s Who of American Women
Women Leaders In The Law
Legal 500: Latin America: International Firms, Banking & Finance