Ignacio Suárez Anzorena is a partner whose practice focuses on international commercial arbitration and investor-state disputes resulting from the application of bilateral investment treaties.
Ignacio has acted and given advice before the ICC, AAA, LCIA, and particularly ICSID. He has represented clients from various South American countries, including Argentina and Brazil as well as Europe and the Middle East.
- Ignacio has published over 15 papers on international arbitration and has delivered and/or moderated over 100 presentations and conferences on the subject
Limitations on the Scope of Investor-State Dispute Settlement under the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement
29 October 2018
Infrastructure: 21st Century Challenges - A legal perspective
29 October 2018
What does the Singapore FTA decision mean for the EU'S FTAs and Brexit?
19 May 2017
ICSID Tribunal issues gag order to stop parties turning arbitration into 'trial by media'
14 June 2016
Reflections from the International Arbitration Group
3 December 2014
Career and qualifications
- University of Buenos Aires (Law, Diploma de Honor, Secretary to Law Review) 1995
- Procuración del Tesoro de la Nación, Solicitor General's Office, Buenos Aires 2000
- Counsel at Clifford Chance, London 2004 and Washington D.C. 2007
- Partner at Chadbourne & Parke LLP, Washington D.C. 2009
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2011
- Partner at Clifford Chance since 2012
- Member of Editorial Board of Transnational Dispute Management and of Revista de Arbitragem e Mediacao (leading Brazilian publication)
- Venezuelan Arbitration Committee (member of the International Scientific Committee)
- Member of the ICC Latin American Seminar
- Appointed to the roster of Arbitrators of the Argentine Chamber of Commerce
- Appointed to the roster of Arbitrators of the Nicaraguan Chamber of Commerce
- Appointed to the roster of arbitrators of the Central American Inter-State Dispute Resolution System
- Appointed to the roster of arbitrators of the Colombia - Central America Free Trade Agreement
Awards and citations
- Igancio Suarez Anzorena has been ranked in Chambers USA: International Arbitration. Clients praise him as a "very clever, very smart lawyer," highlighting his ability to "quickly understand the key issues of a case." He has particular expertise in disputes related to Latin America.
Chambers USA 2019 - International Arbitration (Nationwide)
- Ignacio Suarez Anzorena has been ranked in Chambers USA - International Arbitration (Nationwide) and Chambers Latin America - Arbitration.
Chambers USA 2017 - International Arbitration