Anand Saha's practice focuses on a broad range of corporate finance matters.
He regularly advises corporations and underwriters on a range of equity and debt capital markets projects, including IPOs, SEC-registered and Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings, high yield debt, liability management and MTN programs, as well as M&A and equity investments. Anand has a particular focus on international transactions and the technology sector.
- Represented Terminal Investment Limited Sàrl on its joint venture with SSA Terminals (Seattle Terminals). The joint venture entity, SSA Terminals (Seattle Terminals), LLC, will operate the port of Seattle's Terminal 5 and will also engage in The Terminal 5 Modernization Program, representing approximately US$500 million in investment
- Represented Bank of America Merrill Lynch, BTG Pactual and Goldman Sachs as underwriters in the $985 million IPO of Hapvida
- Represented Shandong Weigao Group Medical Polymer Company Limited on the acquisition of 100% of a US medical device manufacturer, Argon Medical Devices Holdings, Inc.
- Represented Bank of America Merrill Lynch, BB Securities, Bradesco BBI, BNP Paribas, Itaú and HSBC on a $750 million offering of perpetual securities by Itaú Unibanco Holding
- Represented Bradesco BBI, BTG Pactual, Itaú BBA, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley and Santander as underwriters on the $530m equity follow-on by BR Malls
- Advised on the formation of Fidelis Insurance Holdings Limited, a newly-created specialty insurance and reinsurance company that will employ a novel hybrid investment model. The company's equity capital raise of approximately USD$1.5 billion was one of the largest insurance industry capital raises ever
- Represented TAM on its combination with LAN Airlines to form LATAM Group, the largest airline in Latin America and one of the largest airlines in the world
Latin Lawyer M&A Deal of the Year
Fidelis Insurance Holdings Named the 2016 Best Capital Raise by Reactions Magazine
28 November 2016
Clifford Chance advises on launch of Fidelis Insurance; Initial capital raise of approximately US$1.5 billion one of the largest ever
11 June 2015
SEC Adopts Amendments to Further Modernize and Simplify Disclosure Requirements
10 April 2019
A global shift: opportunities in a changing landscape
19 February 2019
Pros and Cons of the OCC's New Fintech Charter
10 August 2018
NYSE Restricts Material News Releases Shortly After Official Close
29 December 2017
US Tax Reform: Who comes out ahead?
21 December 2017
Career and qualifications
- London School of Economics (LLB Law, 1st Class Honors, Maxwell Prize) 2000
- Joined Clifford Chance as a trainee 2001
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2003
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2006
- Partner since 2012
Awards and citations
- Anand Saha was ranked in Chambers Latin America – Capital Markets: International (Brazil). Anand Saha is an experienced international corporate finance lawyer focusing his practice on representing banks in both debt and equity issuances. Clients comment that Saha is "very technical," adding that he is the one they turn to for complex deals.
Chambers Latin America 2018 – Capital Markets: International
- Anand Saha was ranked in Chambers Latin America - Capital Markets: International (Brazil). São Paulo-based Anand Saha offers experience of equity and debt capital markets transactions. Clients compliment his "extremely available and proactive" approach, with one declaring: "He is impressive, and has been outstanding on matters involving risks and complexities." He recently advised the dealer managers on a tender offer by Magnesita.
Chambers Latin America 2017 - Capital Markets: International
- Anand Saha offers experience of equity and debt capital markets transactions. Clients compliment his "extremely available and proactive" approach, with one declaring: "He is impressive, and has been outstanding on matters involving risks and complexities."
Chambers 2017 Latin America guide
- Anand Saha enters the rankings this year on account of excellent market activity. Sources describe him as "straightforward, knowledgeable and very dedicated." They add: "He is calm, collected and delivers under pressure."
Chambers 2016 Latin America guide
- "a brilliant young lawyer who shows great knowledge of securities and provides excellent service".
Chambers 2014 Latin America guide