Anand Saha's practice focuses on a broad range of corporate finance matters.
He regularly advises corporations and underwriters on a range of equity and debt capital markets projects, including IPOs, SEC-registered and Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings, high yield debt, liability management and MTN programs, as well as M&A and equity investments. Anand has a particular focus on international transactions and the technology sector.
- Represented the underwriters BTG Pactual, Morgan Stanley, XPI and Itau BBA on the the $230m IPO of tech and mobile content provider Bemobi Mobile Tech
- Represented the initial purchasers Santander, BNP Paribas, Bradesco BBI, Citi, Itau BBA, J.P. Morgan and Rabobank on the $750m debut sustainanability bond of Amaggi
- Represented BNDES on its sale of approximately 724 million common shares in the state-owned oil company Petrobras. The offering comprised both common shares in Brazil and abroad and ADRs, and was valued at approximately US$5.2 billion.
- Represented the bookrunners, BTG Pactual, Bradesco BBI and XP Investimentos, on Positivo Tecnologia S.A.'s Rule 144A/Regulation S initial private placement of 54 million common shares, raising approximately R$350 million.
- Represented BofA Securities, Inc., Itau BBA USA Securities, Inc., J.P. Morgan Securities, LLC, and Santander Investment Securities Inc., as Managers, in connection with the offering of US$1 billion 2.900% Senior Notes due 2023 and US$500 million 3.250% Senior Notes due 2025 under the US$100 billion Global Medium-Term Note Program of Itaú Unibanco Holding S.A., acting through its Grand Cayman Branch.
- Represented Terminal Investment Limited Sàrl on its joint venture with SSA Terminals (Seattle Terminals). The joint venture entity, SSA Terminals (Seattle Terminals), LLC, will operate the port of Seattle's Terminal 5 and will also engage in The Terminal 5 Modernization Program, representing approximately US$500 million in investment
- Represented Shandong Weigao Group Medical Polymer Company Limited on the acquisition of 100% of a US medical device manufacturer, Argon Medical Devices Holdings, Inc.
- Represented TAM on its combination with LAN Airlines to form LATAM Group, the largest airline in Latin America and one of the largest airlines in the world
Latin Lawyer M&A Deal of the Year
News and client work
- Bloomberg Law Webinar – Cross-Border Technology Deals: M&A Trends and Challenges
Presenter, November 20, 2019
Career and qualifications
- London School of Economics (LLB Law, 1st Class Honors, Maxwell Prize) 2000
- Joined Clifford Chance as a trainee 2001
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2003
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2006
- Partner since 2012
Awards and citations
- Anand Saha was ranked in Chambers Latin America – Capital Markets: International (Brazil). Anand Saha is an experienced international corporate finance lawyer focusing his practice on representing banks in both debt and equity issuances. Clients comment that Saha is "very technical," adding that he is the one they turn to for complex deals.
Chambers Latin America 2018 – Capital Markets: International
- Anand Saha was ranked in Chambers Latin America - Capital Markets: International (Brazil). São Paulo-based Anand Saha offers experience of equity and debt capital markets transactions. Clients compliment his "extremely available and proactive" approach, with one declaring: "He is impressive, and has been outstanding on matters involving risks and complexities." He recently advised the dealer managers on a tender offer by Magnesita.
Chambers Latin America 2017 - Capital Markets: International
- Anand Saha offers experience of equity and debt capital markets transactions. Clients compliment his "extremely available and proactive" approach, with one declaring: "He is impressive, and has been outstanding on matters involving risks and complexities."
Chambers 2017 Latin America guide
- Anand Saha enters the rankings this year on account of excellent market activity. Sources describe him as "straightforward, knowledgeable and very dedicated." They add: "He is calm, collected and delivers under pressure."
Chambers 2016 Latin America guide
- "a brilliant young lawyer who shows great knowledge of securities and provides excellent service".
Chambers 2014 Latin America guide