Jared Grubb is an English law qualified finance partner, specialising in banking and finance transactions. Before moving to Istanbul, Jared was the Managing Partner of our Kyiv office and before that, a Partner in the Moscow office.
Jared advises on a full-spectrum of banking and financing matters, including asset finance, corporate and investment grade lending, derivatives and structured finance, leveraged and acquisition finance, projects and infrastructure finance, real estate finance, restructuring and insolvency, and trade, commodities, export finance, cross- border finance and syndicated lending.
Jared has taken part in many ground-breaking deals and has advised investors, sponsors and lenders – including commercial banks, ECAs, DFIs, MLAs and private equity companies, among others – on both the commercial and financing aspects of projects.
- Advised EBRD and Garanti Bank in their financing to Turkey's natural gas distributor company Enerya
- Advised Akbank T. A.Ş., T. Garanti Bankası A.Ş., T. İş Bankası A.Ş. and TSKB on the facility provided to be used for the financing of Kızıldere III Geothermal Project Unit II of Zorlu Doğal Elektrik Üretimi A.Ş.
- Advised Garanti Bank and the syndicate of lenders on the USD$1 billion project finance facility for the development of the Galataport project in Istanbul
- Advised Deutsche Bank, Sberbank of Russia on a USD$600 million financing of a major Ukrainian agricultural company – Ukrlandfarming
- Advised European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on up to USD$90 million financing of Interleaseinvest LLC - one of the leading privately owned providers of rail cargo transportation and freight railcar operating lease services to corporate clients in Ukraine
- Advised Gazprombank (Russian Federation) on USD$2 billion loan facility provided to National Joint-Stock Company Naftogaz of Ukraine
- Advised GalNaftoGaz, a leading Ukrainian company involved in downstream petroleum business, with respect to joint venture with ADM Capital - an Asian-based Private Equity Fund
Clifford Chance advises the lenders on Turkey's mega project, the North Marmara Motorway
19 February 2018
Clifford Chance advises Deutsche Bank, ING, Natixis and UniCredit on US$2.3 billion debt restructuring for Metinvest
29 March 2017
Clifford Chance advises Valinor on a USD 20 million financing
17 June 2013
Loan trading across the globe
10 July 2018
National Bank of Ukraine to restrict dividend payments offshore and other transactions
23 September 2014
National Bank of Ukraine tightens foreign currency rules in Ukraine
28 August 2014
Ukrainian statutory framework for imposing sanctions on companies, individuals and foreign states
15 August 2014
Investing in Upstream Oil and Gas Projects in Ukraine
20 June 2014
Career and qualifications
- University of Otago, New Zealand (Bachelor of Law) 1999
- University of Otago, New Zealand, (Bachelor of Arts) 1999
- Joined Clifford Chance as Partner 2007
Awards and citations
- English-qualified international partner Jared Grubb has advised on bank lending, financing and debt restructuring in Russia, Ukraine and other Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries since 2005, and is highly experienced in international transactions.
- Jared Grubb shows "strong knowledge of theory and practise, and ability to find compromise solutions".
- Managing partner Jared Grubb is championed by interviewees as "a tough negotiator who gets great results for his clients".