Paul Landless specialises in structured finance, derivatives and financial markets products, including securitisations, repackagings, structured notes, securities lending and repo. He leads the financial markets team in Singapore and South East Asia.
Paul also has extensive experience in various types of structured transactions, including in relation to commodities trading, commodity financing and various forms of structured trade finance. He regularly advises on global and local financial regulatory developments and financial market infrastructure.
He is also the co-head of the firm's global Tech Group as one of the leaders of the Fintech practice with particular interest in data, cyber, artificial intelligence, smart contracts and DLT uses in financial markets trading and risk management.
Paul has worked in Clifford Chance's London, Hong Kong and Singapore offices, sits on the firm's global Brexit Markets Group and helps to lead the ASEAN Focus Group and the Philippines Focus Group.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Slaughter and May 2002
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2004
- Joined Clifford Chance 2004
- Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong 2010
- Partner since 2014
Awards and citations
- Clifford Chance awarded 'Global Law Firm of the Year – Overall' at the GlobalCapital Global Derivatives Awards 2021
- Band 1: Singapore: Securitisation and Derivatives
- Paul Landless considered a key player in this practice area. "He's super on top of regulations both in Asia and globally." "He's able to plot where things might be heading, which is fantastic."
Band 1: Chambers Asia Pacific 2017: Singapore, Capital Markets: Securitisation & Derivatives: International
- “Paul Landless is on top of his game: not only does he know the technical side but he has an amazing perspective for the client side, he understands what our needs are.”
Band 1: Chambers Asia Pacific 2016: Singapore: Securitisation & Derivatives: International