Luke Grubb is a technology partner in our Corporate group in Singapore and head of the Asia Pacific Technology group. His extensive experience in the Technology sector further deepens the regions capabilities.
He has over 20 years’ experience providing strategic, commercial advice on all forms of complex technology matters, including outsourcing, payments and FinTech matters, commercial contracts, cloud computing, content licensing and distribution, data privacy and cybersecurity, with particular expertise advising on cross border commercial transactions.
His clients span a broad range of industries including internet and digital media, financial services, manufacturing, energy and natural resources, hospitality, retail, payments and FinTech.
He is recognised as a leading lawyer for TMT in Singapore by Chambers Asia Pacific 2018.
Luke is a member of our global Data Risk team.
- Fujitsu Limited on the formation of a joint venture with Lenovo Group Limited and the Development Bank of Japan Inc. The joint venture will focus on the research, development, design, manufacturing and sales of Client Computing Devices for the global PC market. Luke advised Fujitsu on a number of complex ancillary commercial arrangements to support the new joint venture
- GCOX.com, Global Crypto Offering Exchange (GCOX), the world's first crypto token exchange that helps celebrities create, list and trade their own crypto tokens, known as Celebrity Tokens. GCOX aims to provide fans with access to their favourite celebrities via personal video messages, meet and greet sessions and a number of other programmes. Luke is leading the team advising on the agreements with the celebrities and associated commercial terms
- Formula E electric racing championship, advising the organiser and exclusive commercial rights licensee of the Formula E electric racing championship in Greater China on all aspects of the organisation, sponsorship, commercialisation and media rights of the races in Greater China
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- University of Manchester (BA, Philosophy and Politics) 1989
- Trainee Solicitor at DLA Piper 1995
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1998
- Associate Solicitor at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman 1999
- Partner at Latham & Watkins 2008
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2017
- Law Society of England and Wales
Awards and citations
- Luke Grubb joined Clifford Chance LLP in late 2017 from Latham & Watkins LLP. He brings plentiful experience in commercial transactions to the table, with particular expertise in procurement, licensing and systems development mandates. Market commentators call him "a true tech and outsourcing lawyer.”
Singapore, TMT: Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
- Luke’s practice is lauded by clients as Luke’s practice is lauded by clients as “excellent; absolutely outstanding”, with clients commenting that Luke is “very responsive, takes care of his clients very well and is commercially minded too.”
Singapore, TMT: Chambers Asia Pacific