Johannes Juette is a Partner with over 12 years experience. He specialises in US federal securities law, with extensive experience in international debt and equity capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, high yield debt issues and tender offers.
Johannes is based in Singapore and mainly advises on matters in South East Asia. He is admitted in New York.
- The US$1 billion Singapore IPO of Asian Pay Television Trust which holds the cable television business of Taiwan Broadband Communications
- The underwriters J.P. Morgan and Mandiri Sekuritas on Indonesian taxi company PT Expresso Transindo Utama Tbk's US$61 million IPO. The first time an Indonesian taxi company has listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange
- Credit Suisse, JP Morgan and Nomura as international selling agents and Danatama and Nomura as domestic underwriters on the rupiah 2.1 trillion (US$232 million) IPO and listing on the Indonesia Stock Exchange of PT Bumi Resources Minerals Tbk, an Indonesian mining company. The shares were offered internationally in reliance on Regulation S. The offering also included free warrants
- Credit Suisse, JP Morgan and Buana Capital as underwriters in the US$102 million IPO and listing on the Indonesia Stock Exchange of PT Erajaya Swasembada Tbk, one of Indonesia's leading distributors and retailers of mobile communication products
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Harvard University (AB) 1994
- Shearman & Sterling 1998
- Georgetown University Law Centre (JD) 2000
- Admitted as an Attorney-at-Law in New York 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance 2006
- Partner since 2011
Awards and citations
- Johannes Juette is a popular choice for US securities work. Observers say: "He really knows his stuff and is making a name for himself."
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2013
- Johannes is hailed by peers as "dynamic and commercial, one of the best up-and-comers on the market right now". One commentator noted that he is "sensible and knowledgeable and gets deals done without the drama".
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2012