* Clifford Chance Asia is a Formal Law Alliance in Singapore between Clifford Chance Pte Ltd and Cavenagh Law LLP
Harpreet Singh Nehal is a Senior Counsel specialising in complex commercial litigation and international arbitration.
A former Justices' Law Clerk of the Singapore Supreme Court and graduate of Harvard Law School, Harpreet’s main areas of practice involve international arbitration and complex commercial litigation across a wide spectrum of disputes including banking and finance, oil and gas, company law, equity and trusts.
Notable cases include acting as lead counsel in one of the largest ever trust claims in the Singapore courts involving assets valued at between US$600and US$800 million.
- Compania De Navegacion Palomar, S.A. & 5 ors (Suit No. 178 of 2012) – Lead counsel for the Defendant in this complex on-going claim for alleged breach of trust over disputed assets valued at between US$600–800 million. In terms of value, this is one of the largest commercial disputes ever to be litigated before the Singapore Courts
- MCST No. 473 v De Beers Jewellery  2 SLR 1 - Harpreet was the lead counsel who represented De-Beers Jewellery both in the High Court and in the Court of Appeal in this landmark decision in which the Singapore Courts established for the first time that monies paid under a mistake of law are recoverable under Singapore law
- CHS CPO GmbH & Anor v Vikas Goel & 3 Ors (Suit No. 636 of 2004) - Harpreet was the lead counsel defending 2 parties in this very substantial claim involving allegations of conspiracy, fraud and breach of trust involving a Singapore company with an annual turnover of over $2.5 billion.
- West LB AG v Philippine National Bank & 8 Ors (O.S. No. 134/2004) - Harpreet advised the Philippine National Bank, escrow agent for the Philippine Government, in relation to the recovery of approximately US$16 million and GBP4 million, allegedly forming part of the funds amassed by former Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos
Antitrust in China and Across the Region: Quarterly Update October to December 2018
12 February 2019
Antitrust in China and across the region: Quarterly Update July to September 2018
30 October 2018
Antitrust in China and across the region: Quarterly Update April to June 2018
25 July 2018
Singapore Contentious Commentary
25 July 2018
Competition Commission of Singapore fines capacitor manufacturers for price fixing and information exchange
29 January 2018
Career and qualifications
- National University of Singapore (LL.B., Hons.) 1991
- Admitted as a solicitor in Singapore 1992
- Justices' Law Clerk 1994
- Drew & Napier LLC 1994
- Joined Clifford Chance as a Partner 2012
- Joined Clifford Chance Asia 2012
- SIAC's Panel of Arbitrators
- Fellow of the Singapore Academy of Law
- Law Society of Singapore