Gervais Green specialises in maritime and offshore transactions.
Gervais has advised on a wide range of projects including limited recourse financings and structured debt/equity financings (particularly in the offshore oil and gas and shipping sectors for LNG vessels, FSRUs, FPSOs, FSOs and drilling/production rigs). He also has extensive experience in syndicated and structured debt financing, cross-border leasing and off-balance sheet structures, receivables transactions, shipbuilding/FPSO/rig construction/conversion contracts, sector specific M&A transactions, Islamic financing and export credit financing.
He regularly speaks at conferences in Asia on floating production projects and project financing for high specification "big ticket" assets.
Clifford Chance advises SMBC on US$1.62 billion syndicated loan for Indonesia's state-owned electricity firm, PLN
13 December 2018
Clifford Chance advises ENGIE on the sale of assets to Total creating second largest global LNG player
9 November 2017
Interview with new Singapore partner Gervais Green
28 June 2016
Eye-Spy – Latent Defects And 'As Is, Where Is' Clauses In Charter Parties
8 January 2018
PI Clubs Pay to be paid versus direct action
30 August 2017
Grand China – contractual termination rights and remedies at law for breach
31 May 2017
Shipbuilding contracts: Tips and traps
1 December 2016
Industry insight: Hanjin collapse washes up on Australian shores
31 October 2016
Career and qualifications
- University of Exeter, UK (Bachelor of Laws) 1988
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1991
- Associate, Watson, Farley and Williams, UK 1991
- Associate, Norton Rose Fullbright, UK 1995
- Associate, Norton Rose Fullbright, Singapore 2000
- Partner, Norton Rose Fullbright, Singapore 2003
- Joined Clifford Chance as Partner 2016
Awards and citations
- Ranked as an Eminent Practitioner, Gervais elicits praise from market sources, who state: "If we get him on a deal, we know it is in very good hands."
Chambers: Shipping Finance – Global-Wide 2016