Mark Huddlestone specialises in all aspects of bank lending, including acquisition finance, project finance, structured trade and commodity finance, asset-based finance, general syndicated lending and restructurings.
Mark was the instigator of the establishment of the European Private Placement Association and is at the heart of the rapidly developing European private placement market where he has acted on numerous transactions for institutional investors making loans to Dutch corporates.
- Advised ING in connection with the refinancing of a USD$3.4 billion multicurrency revolving credit facility agreement for Trafigura Beheer B.V.
- Advised the lenders with respect to a revolving credit facility in the context of a bond issuance provided to The Nuance Group
- Advising Greenergy, a fuel supply company in the UK, in relation to setting up a GBP£1 billion borrowing base facility
- Acting for the investors and the arranger on a combination loan/project bond financing for Reggefiber in relation to the financing of 17 fibre-to-the-home networks
Clifford Chance advises KBC Bank on pan-jurisdictional EUR 90 million revolving credit facility for Fieldlink
17 December 2013
The new UK withholding tax exemption for private placements: how will it work in practice? And does it apply to the wider UK loan market?
6 April 2016
The Greek debt crisis and loan agreements
29 May 2015
Greece three years on
29 May 2015
Our response to the European Commission's plans for a Capital Markets Union
20 May 2015
Withholding Tax Exemption – Private Placements
24 March 2015
Career and qualifications
- London School of Economics (BSc Econ) 1984
- Joined Clifford Chance, London 1986
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 1991
- Clifford Chance Amsterdam 1991
- Partner since 1997
- Registered with the Dutch Bar as an EU advocaat 2001
- Law Society
- Orde van Advocaten Amsterdam
Awards and citations
- Mark is described as "a lawyer who deploys his depth of experience in a practical way"
Chambers Europe 2019
- UK-qualified Mark Huddlestone heads the practice and attracts fantastic praise across the board: "He's very proactive and knows what we require. A great guy to work with."
Chambers Global 2013
- Banking & Finance: Mark Huddlestone heads the group, and is one of the best-known names in the field.
Chambers Europe 2011