"Hans Beerlage specializes in acquisitions, public takeovers, joint ventures and other corporate finance transactions, including equity capital market transactions.
Hans also regularly advises on corporate governance and public capital markets.
He advises a wide range of private equity firms, other financial investors, corporate enterprises and financial institutions."
- Advised Telegraaf Media Groep N.V. on the sale of its stake in ProSiebenSat1.Media AG
- Advised América Mόvil in relation to Koninklijke KPN N.V., including its public offer and participation in rights issue and relationship agreement with KPN
- Advised Cinven and Warburg Pincus on the IPO of Ziggo N.V.
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on the sale of C1000 B.V.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (Economics) 1997
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (Law) 1997
- Admitted as an advocaat in Netherlands 1997
- Joined Clifford Chance 1997
- Seconded to Clifford Chance London 1999-2000
- Partner since 2006
- The Dutch Association for Securities Law
- The Dutch Association for Corporate Litigation
Awards and citations
- Hans Beerlage offers expertise assisting leading Dutch-based businesses with equity matters in connection with IPOs and share capital transactions. He is recognised in the market as a key figure with a substantial corporate client base.
Chambers Europe 2020
- Hans is recognised as "a senior lawyer with long deal experience and a specialist in the area"
Chambers Europe 2019
- Hans is praised by clients as "a guy you can really depend on".
Chambers Global 2013
- He is recommended by IFLR 1000 as a leading lawyer both for M&A and ECM
- Hans was nominated "Best M&A Lawyer" for the Dutch M&A Award in 2013, 2012 and 2011