Hans Beerlage specialises in corporate finance, M&A, corporate governance and equity capital markets.
Hans regularly advises private equity firms, publicly listed companies and bidders or target companies in public acquisitions.
Hans heads the Amsterdam corporate group.
Hans also heads the Amsterdam’s equity capital markets group and advises underwriters and issuers on international and domestic equity capital market transactions.
- Advised Telegraaf Media Groep N.V. on the sale of its stake in ProSiebenSat1.Media AG
- Advised América Mόvil in relation to Koninklijke KPN N.V., including its public offer and participation in rights issue and relationship agreement with KPN
- Advised Cinven and Warburg Pincus on the IPO of Ziggo N.V.
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on the sale of C1000 B.V.
Clifford Chance Amsterdam acts as transaction counsel on the EUR 1.65 billion post-IPO placement of Adyen shares
17 September 2018
Clifford Chance conseille Albelli sur l'acquisition de monAlbumPhoto
3 July 2018
Clifford Chance advises Albelli on the acquisition of monAlbumPhoto
3 July 2018
Clifford Chance is advising global payments platform Adyen on IPO and listing of Adyen's shares on Euronext Amsterdam
13 June 2018
Clifford Chance advises Lagerwey and its shareholder Ponooc in a large scale wind energy project with NovaWind, a subsidiary of the Russian state company Rosatom
22 December 2017
Dutch Bill implementing revised shareholders' rights directive sent to Parliament
19 October 2018
Supreme Court rejects non-binding shareholder vote on board matters
7 May 2018
Revised Corporate Governance Code published
9 December 2016
Proposal for amendment of provisions on one-tier boards in the Dutch corporate governance code
16 August 2016
Summary of changes in ongoing reporting and disclosure requirements following implementation of amendments to Transparency Directive in the Netherlands
18 February 2016
Career and qualifications
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (Economics) 1997
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (Law) 1997
- Admitted as an advocaat in Netherlands 1997
- Joined Clifford Chance 1997
- Seconded to Clifford Chance London 1999-2000
- Partner since 2006
- The Dutch Association for Securities Law
- The Dutch Association for Corporate Litigation
Awards and citations
- Hans is praised by clients as "a guy you can really depend on".
Chambers Global 2013
- He is recommended by IFLR 1000 as a leading lawyer both for M&A and ECM
- Hans was nominated "Best M&A Lawyer" for the Dutch M&A Award in 2013, 2012 and 2011