Hans Beerlage is Partner and head of the Amsterdam Corporate practice. He specialises in corporate finance, M&A and equity capital markets and regularly advises private equity firms, publicly listed companies and bidders or target companies in public acquisitions. Hans also regularly advises corporate enterprises and financial investors on joint ventures and corporate governance.
- Advised Telegraaf Media Groep N.V. on the sale of its stake in ProSiebenSat1.Media AG
- Advised América Mόvil in relation to Koninklijke KPN N.V., including its public offer and participation in rights issue and relationship agreement with KPN
- Advised Cinven and Warburg Pincus on the IPO of Ziggo N.V.
- Advised CVC Capital Partners on the sale of C1000 B.V.
Clifford Chance advises on Fastned IPO
3 July 2019
Clifford Chance Amsterdam advises on the sale of Royal Reesink
13 June 2019
Clifford Chance Amsterdam acts as transaction counsel on the EUR 1.65 billion post-IPO placement of Adyen shares
17 September 2018
Clifford Chance conseille Albelli sur l'acquisition de monAlbumPhoto
3 July 2018
Clifford Chance advises Albelli on the acquisition of monAlbumPhoto
3 July 2018
Dutch Bill implementing revised shareholders' rights directive sent to Parliament
19 October 2018
Supreme Court rejects non-binding shareholder vote on board matters
7 May 2018
Revised Corporate Governance Code published
9 December 2016
Proposal for amendment of provisions on one-tier boards in the Dutch corporate governance code
16 August 2016
Summary of changes in ongoing reporting and disclosure requirements following implementation of amendments to Transparency Directive in the Netherlands
18 February 2016
Career and qualifications
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (Economics) 1997
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (Law) 1997
- Admitted as an advocaat in Netherlands 1997
- Joined Clifford Chance 1997
- Seconded to Clifford Chance London 1999-2000
- Partner since 2006
- The Dutch Association for Securities Law
- The Dutch Association for Corporate Litigation
Awards and citations
- Hans is recognised as "a senior lawyer with long deal experience and a specialist in the area"
Chambers Europe 2019
- Hans is praised by clients as "a guy you can really depend on".
Chambers Global 2013
- He is recommended by IFLR 1000 as a leading lawyer both for M&A and ECM
- Hans was nominated "Best M&A Lawyer" for the Dutch M&A Award in 2013, 2012 and 2011