Toby is a Partner in the Corporate practice in London, specialising in advising financial investors on domestic and cross-border M&A, with a particular focus on infrastructure transactions. Toby has represented financial investors through all stages of the investment cycle across a range of infrastructure sectors, including highly regulated transactions.
Toby rejoined the firm in 2019 from OMERS Infrastructure (formerly Borealis Infrastructure) having spent over 3 years working as a Director, Legal in the London office. In his role he provided legal advice and support to the transaction team in relation to new investment opportunities, third party capital raisings and the management of existing assets across Europe. These have included: Thames Water, Scotia Gas Networks, MapleCo, London City Airport, CLH and Tank & Rast.
Toby is listed as one to watch in The Lawyer Hot 100 2019 and previously was a member of the board of MapleCo, a leading independent Meter Asset Provider in the UK.
- OMERS Infrastructure on the establishment of MapleCo, a leading independent Meter Asset Provider in the UK
- Advising a shortlisted bidder in relation to the Thames Tideway Tunnel Project
- OMERS Infrastructure on its acquisition of a 26% interest in Kemble Water Holdings Limited, the ultimate holding company of Thames Water Utilities Limited
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Hermes on their acquisition of a 40% stake in Associated British Ports
- 3i Infrastructure and AMP Capital on their acquisition of ESVAGT from Maersk Group
- 3i Infrastructure on its acquisition of Wireless Infrastructure Group
Infrastructure Investor: The Decade: Keynote Interview with James Boswell, Toby Parkinson and Javier Amantegui
2 September 2019
UK nationalisation: The law and the cost - 2019 update
5 July 2019
Infrastructure: 21st Century Challenges - A legal perspective
29 October 2018
Career and qualifications
- Joined Clifford Chance as a trainee solicitor 2006
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2008
- Director, Legal, OMERS Infrastructure 2016
- Rejoined as a Partner in July 2019