Stephanie Huts specialises in commercial litigation, with particular expertise in insolvency, banking and aviation disputes.
Stephanie advises banks, financial institutions, aircraft lessors, companies and insolvency practitioners in relation to contentious issues arising from complex finance transactions as well as restructuring, insolvency and corporate distress situations.
- Acting for a global bank on a claim brought by a Dutch social housing association in relation to derivatives transactions.
- Acting for a global bank in respect of claims relating to alleged market manipulation and misuse of confidential information.
- Advising various financial institutions and lessors on significant disputes in the aviation sector, including in the context of the SpiceJet, Thomas Cook, Wow, and Virgin Australia airlines distress situations.
- Advising a consortium of noteholders in respect of the collapse of Banco Espírito Santo, and acting in related proceedings.
- Acting for Citibank in successfully defending a USD 2.4bn claim relating to alleged misrepresentations in the context of the EMI acquisition.
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- Tipstaff to the Honourable Justice Robert McDougall of the Supreme Court of New South Wales 2008
- Admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales 2009
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP 2010
- Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2011
- In-house Litigation Counsel at Lehman Brothers International (Europe) (in administration) 2012
- Joined Clifford Chance 2014
- Partner since May 2021
- London Solicitor Litigation Association
- Financial Services Lawyers Association
Awards and citations
- Rising Star
Legal 500 2020: Banking Litigation